Autopsy Autopsy vs Richmond - narrow win gives NMFC its third win of the season

Remove this Banner Ad

Shout out to Josh Neal and Marnie Cohen from the Further North Podcast, as well as the North Melbourne Closer to a Flag crew for making a crap game all the more enjoyable. Definitely want to sit in Aisle 29 more often.
Sometimes sit there too, as some of my crew have different memberships. Sat there yesterday and have to give them kudos for their passion, the noise & the fun they bring and their love for the club - especially considering they’ve seen stuff all success in their time supporting the club! And yes, while yesterday’s win wasn’t the prettiest, happy to take any win that comes our way at this point - and always happy to take the points against the Tiges.

Sometimes sit there too, as some of my crew have different memberships. Sat there yesterday and have to give them kudos for their passion, the noise & the fun they bring and their love for the club - especially considering they’ve seen stuff all success in their time supporting the club! And yes, while yesterday’s win wasn’t the prettiest, happy to take any win that comes our way at this point - and always happy to take the points against the Tiges.
I've seen 2 wins since 2019, I'll always celebrate a win.

Among lots of individual highlights, the biggest positive out of the game for me is that the team is playing to a clearly defined game plan - go quick off turnover and stoppage, but otherwise value possession and pick forward until an I50 to 3 talls presents itself. There were some bloopers - McKercher's run down early, LDU's inboard to Stephenson - but the fact they stuck to the script shows they believe in it (and Clarkson).

Given last year was pretty much a write-off thanks to the Hawthorn saga, this is the first full season under new management and by round 21, a young side has got the hang of it.

No doubt more ups and downs to come, but encouraging signs

My son was so excited to see a win, wanted to go again this week. shame it was our last home game in Melbourne.
Thats fantastic Lomas Just let him know he will get plenty more wins in the years to come. Love hearing the young girls and boys loving their footy and of cause the NMFC.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My friend saw on twitter after the game t north offered 2 level 2 seats for 60 dollars. Anyone know how this was advertised? I never saw it
The seats on level2 that we use to sit in, in the new Arden area, before we got relocated were selling for $75 on ticketmaster during the week.

I don’t think we give Richmond enough credit for the pressure they brought early on.

They were up for the fight and didn’t stop all day.

Defensively, early on and in the last quarter their backline was a brick wall.

Just couldn’t get it through.

This is where Pink and Treakle couldn’t provide a bail out option to give us territory.

The only way we seemed to score was through our class in players in LDU, Sheezel and Powell.

As for “this was their grand final” calls let’s wind back to round 2, 1990.
North and Richmond have met 49 times since.
The record is North 33 wins, 1 draw and Richmond 15 wins.

Played 2 finals in that run also that we won.

What a pathetic record. Always our bunnies.

We’re not far off though

How many times did a string of handballs end in a final error?

But when it clicked we scored or gave a scoring opportunity

You can visually see what we are trying to do but we just make disposal errors or the wrong choice or the disposal is not quick enough
So many almost moments like this. Once the players improve and get more used to playing with each other these turn into goals

So many almost moments like this. Once the players improve and get more used to playing with each other these turn into goals
yep..They tried to play good footy all day but made some mistakes. Best way to learn what you can and cant get away with.
rather a young side do that with the odd mistake than go into their shells

Loving seeing LDU take the game on more and more too. Thought hes been too unselfish before

LDU kicking 3 goals (that last one though 😬) was huge. Been waiting for him to add that string to his bow. Hopefully gives him the confidence to kick a few more going forward

With our apparently chocca block midfield, I wouldn’t mind seeing one of those weapons put forward sometimes to make some things happen. Eg LDU, Sheezel, even Phillips is a threat down there. Just a thought. We wonder how to fit them all in.. Maybe we can with a bit of out the box thinking

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Autopsy vs Richmond - narrow win gives NMFC its third win of the season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back