No.1 player in the game?

Remove this Banner Ad

Ablett easy!

and may I add.. it is extreamly rare for a champion father to have a champion son, if sons play after thier fathers they usually have talent but are not champions.

Ablett the best. Buddy 2nd. Buddy will be the best after the end of next year. Kicked 110 goals this year and only has improvement left in him. It's a scary thought.

Franklin is quite the freak. Kicks bags of goals and loves the attention he gets from the media, which ultimately brings people through the gates.

You could mount a case for any of the above players mentioned, but Franklin would be my choice.

I hear that some people choose ablett as the best player because he makes fewer mistakes than franklin but for me the number 1 player is the one that provides the greatest return for the side and franklin is the clear leader in this field

Chris Judd. He may have been a bit meh for 08 but he does pretty much everything right and amazing at the same time.

while ablett and franklin had the better '08 and 2nd half of '07, i am confidently hopeful judd can return to his position as the premier player of the comp in '09.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It might be just because i don't like Franklin because he dominates us every time, he is certainly up there but i have him at #2. The most underrated player in the game is my number one in Matthew Pavlich. Absolute gun, absolute superstar, there is nothing he can't do, no defender can stop him, then when the team is getting killed he goes in the midfield and wins it every time and hits the post from 60m. He, one on one, is unstoppable.

I do not completely agree with the options but this is how I would rank them:
1. Judd - Absolute champion with great work ethic incredible speed, all the awards and can still play great even when he is injured. Judd is the leagues best trainer and has single handedly changed the culture at CFC and turned the club around. Won 4 or 5 matches by himself for the blues this year.

2. Franklin - Nobody more exciting in the league. Franklin is a freak athlete and 100 goals is a huge achievement and hard to get for anybody but this guy doesn't even kick straight and he somehow managed it.

3. Ablett - Racks up like no other, deals with the taggers, gets the hard ball and is the main reason why Geelong are the best team. I have never seen someone so hard to tackle before.

4. Pavlich

5. Richardson

6. Riewoldt

7. Hodge

I do not completely agree with the options but this is how I would rank them:
1. Judd - Absolute champion with great work ethic incredible speed, all the awards and can still play great even when he is injured. Judd is the leagues best trainer and has single handedly changed the culture at CFC and turned the club around. Won 4 or 5 matches by himself for the blues this year.

2. Franklin - Nobody more exciting in the league. Franklin is a freak athlete and 100 goals is a huge achievement and hard to get for anybody but this guy doesn't even kick straight and he somehow managed it.

3. Ablett - Racks up like no other, deals with the taggers, gets the hard ball and is the main reason why Geelong are the best team. I have never seen someone so hard to tackle before.

4. Pavlich

5. Richardson

6. Riewoldt

7. Hodge
un bias of course:rolleyes:
gary abblett was better than judd this year.
richo>>>>>>pav

Where the hell are Cooney + Bartel ?? The last 2 Brownlow medalists and 2 top midfielders in the league behind Ablett.

This poll can't be taken seriously until you include these two champions.

Where the hell are Cooney + Bartel ?? The last 2 Brownlow medalists and 2 top midfielders in the league behind Ablett.

This poll can't be taken seriously until you include these two champions.
What are you talking about with Cooney sure he is the Brownlow medallist and he even went to my high school so he is one of my favourite players so i'd be biased towards him but Cooney is not on of the top 10 AFL superstars.

yes he is
He WAS when playing alongside Cousins but not any more.

I rate Gary Ablett and Pavlich equally but I'll vote for Pavlich for obvious reasons. I really enjoy watching him play live and is a huge presence on the ground. What a player. Gary Ablett is a true superstar and IMO is way ahead of the rest. He gives his all every time and has a true passion for the game.

1. Pavlich
1.1 Ablett
3. Franklin
4. Hodge
5. Judd
6. Riewoldt
7. Richardson

Remove this Banner Ad

No.1 player in the game?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back