No.1 player in the game?

Remove this Banner Ad

Only one player has captained his team to a flag, been AA captian (while injuried), won a brownlow, earns 1 million plus.

WTF is richo doing up there???

Played full forward his whole career beside last one and has never won a coleman! His shonky kicking has deflated his side for years. 2 AA selections over a 14 year career doesn't warrant top 6 player status. Lloyd had it over him and now fev has it over him. But J brown should be on this poll miles ahead of richo, any non richmond supporters vote for him?

WTF is richo doing up there???

Played full forward his whole career beside last one and has never won a coleman! His shonky kicking has deflated his side for years. 2 AA selections over a 14 year career doesn't warrant top 6 player status. Lloyd had it over him and now fev has it over him. But J brown should be on this poll miles ahead of richo, any non richmond supporters vote for him?
how has fev got it over richo? richo has kicked 791 career goals, in a forward line with more than 1 good player. fev has kicked 486 goals in a forward line where he is the only good player, has no one else to kick goals.
richo>>>>>>>>>>>>>>fev

Gary Ablett can rack up all the stats he likes . . . and Geelong still lose the GF.

Whereas I don't see Hawthorn losing while Franklin boots 8 goals.

Franklin by a mile.
You cant be a matchwinner unless you have most of your side helping out, which wasn't the case for Geelong on GF day.

As far as Franklin is concerned, If Hawthorn's soul purpose was to to give Franklin his 8 goals on GF day - like it had all season, then Hawthorn wouldn't have won the grand final.

You cant be a matchwinner unless you have most of your side helping out, which wasn't the case for Geelong on GF day.

As far as Franklin is concerned, If Hawthorn's soul purpose was to to give Franklin his 8 goals on GF day - like it had all season, then Hawthorn wouldn't have won the grand final.

That's the point - Franklin has been a matchwinner this year when the rest of the side was being slaughtered. Watch Rd 8.

The reason Franklin didn't get his 9 shots on goal in the GF was due to injury.

That's the point - Franklin has been a matchwinner this year when the rest of the side was being slaughtered. Watch Rd 8.
So had Ablett this year... Just watch round 5 & round 11 for example.

As far as the GF goes, at least Ablett performed and wasn't shut out of the game like Franklin was.

The reason Franklin didn't get his 9 shots on goal in the GF was due to injury.
Love the excuses mate. :cool:

How many players go into GF's with injuries? Probably a majority of them, it just dosen't become public knowledge.

Franklin was well beaten 1-1 against Scarlett on GF day, so get over it.

Ablett/Pavlich
Franklin
Hodge/Judd
Riewoldt
Richardson

Ablett, tough, freakish and consistent
Pavlich, can do it at either end and in the guts, only reason I didn't have him outright top was the handful of occassions in games this season where he could have made the difference and he didn't, probably more from fatigue from carrying the team.
Franklin not my number one purely because it's only been one season so far, another like this year and he'll be number one with daylight second.
Hodge tough, fearless, just a dead set gun.
Judd is a jet, gets tagged unmercifully and still beats them more often than not, is still going when others are vomiting. Hopefully he gets all of his acceleration back.
Riewoldt great player but not in Pavlich's or Franklin's class. Doesn't influence games like the other two.
Richardson love him, gives everything, just keeps on keeping on.
richo does that and hes 34
how is riewoldt and pavlich better than richo?

Love the excuses mate. :cool:

How many players go into GF's with injuries? Probably a majority of them, it just dosen't become public knowledge.

Franklin was well beaten 1-1 against Scarlett on GF day, so get over it.

No he was carrying injuries from rd19, and the last two games was restricted with a hand injury as well as the quad injury. A reasonably fit Franklin towelled up Scarlett in Rd17.

So had Ablett this year... Just watch round 5 & round 11 for example.

As far as the GF goes, at least Ablett performed and wasn't shut out of the game like Franklin was.

I'm sure Ablett has, however my point is that Ablett can have a great game and the Cats can lose.

Franklin kicks 8 goals, the Hawks win. And he doesn't get them given to him as you suggested. He was in the first in contested marks for most of the year, i don't know where he finished, that ability to take contested marks was severely diminished with his hand/wrist injury in the last two games.

richo does that and hes 34

Why wasn't he doing it when he was 28?

Fev won a coleman in a bottom of the ladder side. (second time someones done that in 150 years of football)

Richo was so overated this year for taking cheap marks on the wing. His sh*t kicking has cost you more games than his won you.

You can't compare total goals kicked as richo is 34........fev is only 28
Fev will have another 4 or so years so reel richo in.
Both have 2 AA selections but fev is 6 years younger.

Why wasn't he doing it when he was 28?

Fev won a coleman in a bottom of the ladder side. (second time someones done that in 150 years of football)

Richo was so overated this year for taking cheap marks on the wing. His sh*t kicking has cost you more games than his won you.

You can't compare total goals kicked as richo is 34........fev is only 28
Fev will have another 4 or so years so reel richo in.
Both have 2 AA selections but fev is 6 years younger.
whilst being the only good forward in the side, not hard when theres no one else to kick the goals, and 80% of the time the ball is coming to you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i rate pav better than the others, mainly due to his versatility. like it's been said can play anywhere and beats people 1on1 every time.

also so often plays the lone hand for freo. i think if he was playing in a team that could support him better he would be rated as the number 1 by many more people.

richman supports must really love Richo to think he is better than pav

here is a list of players of the top of my head that are better than richo
Pav
Franklin
Judd
Ablett
J Brown
Bartel
Riewoldt
Goodes
Black
Cooney
kerr
Hodge
C Cornes
B Harvey
S Burgyone
all of these players you would pick in your team over Richo to play consistantly well

Only one player has captained his team to a flag, been AA captian (while injuried), won a brownlow, earns 1 million plus.

:rolleyes:

- Numerous players in that West Coast team could have captained the side as well, if not better.

- He was very fortunate to have been selected in the AA side to begin with, much less have been captain of it.

- In 2004 it was a case of Riewoldt > Tredrea >> a host of midfielders (of which Judd was just one of a well performed pack).

- Carlton's penchant for massively overpaying players has no bearing on the discussion.

Quote by CyberKev
In 2004 it was a case of Riewoldt > Tredrea

No Tredrea was much greater than Riewoldt in 04 kicking 80 something goals and that reflected on where the team finished

The list here misses a few beauties, but IMO you have the top five going around at the moment with:

Hodge,
Pavlich,
Ablett,
Franklin,
Riewoldt

Judd and Richardson would be next on this list, but there are others I'd have before them who aren't in the poll.

Bit tough on Pavlich who has been the best player in the game for some years now. Just feel Hodge might have snuck ahead on the strength of his finals series, but Pav is surely adversely impacted upon by playing for the Dockers.

Big Gav from North, haha....

nah, Hodge, no bias, i have seen all those players, and whichever position hodge is in, the players around him lift.

he holds together the defence, shifts into attack and they lift (was the single reason we won a few matches this yr) and in the midfield is awesome.

Remove this Banner Ad

No.1 player in the game?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back