Master of Cooks

Team Captain
May 13, 2007
In the Jungle
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Mt Waverley
I'm not often one to criticize my own team, but after tonight's performance I'm convinced our team is severely lacking the want and desire to win.
I don't believe (in the last few years) we have had a bigger game in terms of passion, especially after the defeat early this year, and we turned up and gave nothing. NOTHING! We had 2 weeks to think about it and nothing.:mad:
I must admit that I left the game at 3/4 time, because i couldn't watch anymore, but I didn't see one player wearing a navy blue jumper that had the desire to win tonight.:thumbsdown:
Maybe the blue blues should take a look at Essendon and really see what real passion is. As much as it hurts me to say this but the bombers have absolutely smashed us in terms of passion for the last few years.:eek:
If you don't have a desire to win in big games, you wont!
In short, tonight was a piss poor effort, and if we cant find some heart and desire soon we are going nowhere. :(

Why is it that every year our most disappointing loss is against the bummers?

At times you could question the heart and desire of the players and I am not going to defend them, but not a lot went the way of Carlton tonight. To me it seemed like the bounce of the ball, umpires, matchups and numerous other little things just didn't go Carlton's way tonight.

disgraceful effort, I'm so sick of losing to that scum. So many things pissed me off tonigh eg. Bower at one stage taking kick outs.
Stevens was soft again, fisher is too slow. Ratts outcoached yet again

Nick Stevens has to go back to the two's, he was pathetic, in the first half when the game was there for Calton to win he turned the ball over 4 times that directly resulted in essendon goals. They can talk all they want about needing some experience in the team, but when that experience is useless, scrap it. Give Robertson a run, at least he'll give 100%.

And why the hell isn't Adam Hartlett getting a gig, he is in the best every week for the Bullants, but we continue to think Fisher will do something.

That was embarrassing tonight and i hope the players know it. When Fev took that mark at the start of the third quarter and turned around and showed the ball to his man, that was pretty much was sparked the bombers. He was absoutley flogged tonight and there was no excuses, he was fed the ball lace out early in the game and he couldn't even make the distance from 40m, he has some seriuos issues and needs to sort them out, and fast.

At times you could question the heart and desire of the players and I am not going to defend them, but not a lot went the way of Carlton tonight. To me it seemed like the bounce of the ball, umpires, matchups and numerous other little things just didn't go Carlton's way tonight.

That might all be the case Chod but we were ****ing pathetic tonight mate. Gave up, showed zero guts and zero leadership. This is singularly the most ****ing disgraceful performance i can recall for years. I'M SO ****ING ANGRY I COULD THROW UP!! :mad::mad:

Our so-called leaders must take the brunt of responsibility for this humiliation. Stevens MUST be dropped and given notice that his career at Carlton will be over unless he can redeem himself big time.

Fev has again let us down by doing nothing more than continually corking the only big forward we had who can hold his head high - Setanta.

I'm now harbouring serious doubts (for the first time) about our coaching panel. This was a MASSIVE game for the club tonight in front of a packed house and we were out coached and - at the risk of stating the bleeding obvious - our players were clearly not motivated for the contest. Our coach and his assistants must take responsibility for this also. :(

Pathetic Weak performance.

Saw this coming. The way the saints game was taken, as if we had won.
You dont praise honourable losses.....we lost FFS....a loss is a loss.

Im so pissed at tonights game. AGAIN Ratten is out coached......and again im sure people will jump to his defense........his learning the caper :rolleyes::mad: FFS. Im convinced he got the gig because he tanked the last half of 07.

Houlihan the best kick in the team apparently.....**** were in some serious trouble then. Clearly he dont belong....people can talk about negative and positive roles........he's no good.

Fisher, can this guy compete within a contest without going to ground?

Stevens, how much more do the MC need to see........ship him off to preston. near the end.

Fevola, he fixed his kicking apparently.....:rolleyes:

No Hille, No Watson ( who was on him or running against him till then?) 16 possies in just over a 1/4.

Hampson & Kreuzer should have dominated the ruck and as a result we should have murdered them in the clearances......esp since watson was off.

Do our rucks know where to palm? or are our midfielders clueless when it comes to executing a stoppage clearance?

Lovett, yet again runs wild and free...............think we would have learnt by now.

Our FWD structure is ******* its time to try things. HARTLETT MUST NOW BE GIVEN A SHOT.

They know we're coming :eek:

Well done Bombers. You came to play and beat a team that is atm a bit too full of itself.

And to think the club is dedicating this season to Richard Pratt.

He did not save this club for performances like this.

Carlton Football Club, take a good hard look at yourselves.

Heartless. Gutless. :thumbsdown:

Im so pissed at tonights game. AGAIN Ratten is out coached......and again im sure people will jump to his defense........his learning the caper :rolleyes::mad: FFS. Im convinced he got the gig because he tanked the last half of 07.

Houlihan the best kick in the team apparently.....**** were in some serious trouble then. Clearly he dont belong....people can talk about negative and positive roles........he's no good.

Stevens, how much more do the MC need to see........ship him off to preston. near the end.

No Hille, No Watson ( who was on him or running against him till then?) 16 possies in just over a 1/4.

Hampson & Kreuzer should have dominated the ruck and as a result we should have murdered them in the clearances......esp since watson was off.

Do our rucks know where to palm? or are our midfielders clueless when it comes to executing a stoppage clearance?

Lovett, yet again runs wild and free...............think we would have learnt by now.

Our FWD structure is ******* its time to try things. HARTLETT MUST NOW BE GIVEN A SHOT.

Well done Bombers. You came to play and beat a team that is atm a bit too full of itself.

Pretty spot on :thumbsu:

What a gimp you are. stop blaming your losses on everything else other than your own lack of skill and desire. Your NOT that good a team despite what you deluded flogs think. Stick that up you heckin'g arses Carlton.:D:D:D

What a gimp you are. stop blaming your losses on everything else other than your own lack of skill and desire. Your NOT that good a team despite what you deluded flogs think. Stick that up you heckin'g arses Carlton.:D:D:D
you bet
we were crap and got beaten by a team we are better than
Not good enough by far
I guess we remain your bitch
Bye bye red boy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

:thumbsu:

The entire team and coaching staff should be ashamed of themselves for their lack of effort tonight.

They played like a bunch of individuals with no heart and I didn't see our coaching staff do anything to turn it around.... do we only know one game plan? Looks like it.

Worst performance I have seen for a very long time and they wouldn't want to serve that shit up again.

Time to have a long hard look at themselves.

To me it seemed like the bounce of the ball, umpires, matchups and numerous other little things just didn't go Carlton's way tonight.

i agree, but we also played the same way we did last time they beat us. we held the ball up and let them man up before disposing of the ball. we were fearful and weak. we played with 10% of the intensity we brought to the game against the saints. mental short people!

worse than that, i doubt many of the players even care. i bet they are sleeping soundly and looking forward to a relaxing Saturday.

Remove this Banner Ad

No Heart, No Desire....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back