Preview 2024 Rd 19 Carlton vs North Melbourne Sunday 21st July 4:40PM AEST @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

One thing we have done this week is reward VFL form. Motlop and Hewett were a must. Carroll, while the jury is still out on him, earned a recall, and Sam Durdin was the best of our VFL defenders. Cuningham also showed form and played good minutes.
Marchbank has been consistent...in his unavailability.

On SM-F946B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I kinda want H to kick a bag and win the Coleman.

On SM-F946B using BigFooty.com mobile app

H is in career best form this season…you watch him play a blinder today with 5 minutes per quarter up the ground in the ruck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could we wrong, but 5 changes feels like a knee-jerk. Yes, 3 are forced, but I don't think we should've made two omissions on to top of them. Feels a little drastic to me.
Six changes now, from last week. Four forced.

Like the inclusion of Nige, hoping he can completely dominate Teakle. I think he will do a solid job and just maybe, he could become that big, strong key back to support Weiters that we have been crying out for.

Could see quite a few changes from this team, to the team that plays Friday night against Port. We will most likely not be picking six inside-mids against them. Player's will know that they need to perform today, as their are others breathing down their necks.

North have really improved over the last few weeks and Fish will be trying to prove a point. However we really should win by plenty and Charlie will kick seven.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A question for the list watchers..

Why do we think Jack Martin is emergency, but Ollie and Cotters are playing?

Surely he is an upgrade on one of those two given recent form? A viable avenue to goal and x factor, seems strange to me unless there is something I don't know.

Thanks. Fair enough, good analysis.
Played somewhat managed minutes in the VFL last week, assume full game this week and then likely in?

On A065 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sam Durdin will be playing. Good luck to him.

Last edited:
One thing we have done this week is reward VFL form. Motlop and Hewett were a must. Carroll, while the jury is still out on him, earned a recall, and Sam Durdin was the best of our VFL defenders. Cuningham also showed form and played good minutes.

Good messaging... felt that the changes we've made the last couple weeks sent negative vibes, this is definitely more positive

We've missed a couple of opportunities to really secure ourselves in the last fortnight.

Results have been kind to us again this weekend and this is an opportunity we should make the most of. Get ourselves a game clear of 4th (assuming the Lions win at home vs Sydney today) - a loss this afternoon is inexplicable and inexcusable

Blues by 43. Charlie to kick 6

North have improved since R13 and are playing much better than when we met them in R3.

A lot will depend on how well our midfielders respond from last week, we won the hit outs against the WB 49-37 but didn’t take advantage and the clearances ended up even. We were also ahead in disposals and marks but got beaten in I50 56-47.

I’ll be happy with a win by any margin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back