Preview 2024 Rd 19 Carlton vs North Melbourne Sunday 21st July 4:40PM AEST @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anyone else feeling sick in their stomach? Wish i could trust this team but i just have a bad feeling...

Not really. I know many supporters on here haven’t enjoyed any real success over the last 20 years, but this current team is on the right path.

We’ve lost to 2 pretty good sides the past 2 weeks and whilst I expect a bit of a contest as North are improving i think we will be too good for them.

Could we wrong, but 5 changes feels like a knee-jerk. Yes, 3 are forced, but I don't think we should've made two omissions on to top of them. Feels a little drastic to me.

You said it yourself 3 were forced so 2 unforced changes really isn’t that surprising nor “knee-jerk” given who they were. Pitto is not needed if TDK is fit and Kemp deserves to be dropped as he has been average for a few weeks. Many on here were calling for more after losing 2 straight, albeit to 2 very good sides.

I’ll admit I was bemused by Pitto playing and Hewett missing last week but reading between the lines there were good reasons for both, so they made the night call IMO as they have been doing for some time now. Just trust the coaches whose livelihoods depend on it to get it right.

The very simple answer is he is NOT a defender, which validates the rest of your post…

Because of this fact, he needs to be pushed further up the ground but he’s not good enough yet to displace anyone…
Are you seriously going to sit there and claim he's not good enough to displace anyone in the VFL?
Kemp is not a defender and not tall like McGovern
True: he's taller still.
I just hope we are focussed on trying him elsewhere in the VFL
And that didn't happen. :(

No changes

Over to the Game Day thread:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back