No Match Thread?

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm reading the stats and stuff on the AFL website and things don't look too good.

snap-shot said:
very messy game plan. Over handballing.
Choco "Choke" Williams claimed there'd be a very noticeable new game plan. Did you guys notice one? If so, was it a bad one? Or just not enough practice at it, because it was quite a mess from your point of view.

We were too short in the backline and suffered accordingly. That was basically the end of the game.
On a plus, what we really need to find is a couple of midfielders and Ebert plus Sal stood up.
We also need a FF, but White was all over the place again and dropped two really really really really really easy marks. Not a good sign.
Tredrea was not sure about having shots at goal and passed off at least two that he should have taken. :confused:

Handball handball handball. Some hospital ones to boot. Looks like we are trying to set up a run through the middle brigade a la Richmond. I suppose that we have so many short players that it's worth a shot, but are our players fast enough? However with so few talls out there perhaps we had not too many other options.

The plus is the midfield did ok.

Stephen2 said:
Choco "Choke" Williams claimed there'd be a very noticeable new game plan. Did you guys notice one? If so, was it a bad one? Or just not enough practice at it, because it was quite a mess from your point of view.

Do you seriously expect a decnt answer after taking a cheap stab at our coach? It's a pre-season game for gods sake, Adelaide were expected to run all over us and they did. I would of liked a closer game but i haven't even seen any of it to know how well we played.

Stephen2 said:

His gameplan was pretty obvious and i think it might have been who gives a stuff, lets give the young guys a go.

Tredders66 said:
His gameplan was pretty obvious and i think it might have been who gives a stuff, lets give the young guys a go.

Mostly after Kingo went down, I was worried a few more might follow - much like when Tredders did his knee against the crows, but the younger players at least got a run!

Pred said:
30 possies to Sala was a plus too.

Seeing Motlop play as he did was good, but Sala I'm gald he did well! Looks like swapping numbers might have helped!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

noddy said:
A kid called Symes done ok as well.

Only a practice game but one point that needs to be stamped on is the lairizing shown by 2 players in P Burgoyne & Motlop.

Was the the first time you've seen Peter play? ;)

To be honest, the positive for me is that our younger midfielders seemed to win quite a bit of the clearances. Even if we did completely ******** around with it directly afterwards.

Remove this Banner Ad

No Match Thread?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back