No more if's for geelong, its reality time!

Remove this Banner Ad

For the last month now i have heard a lot of hawthorn fans say that we have done very well to be where we are on the ladder with the injuries we have had to our midfield! I agree , people don't understand the strenghts that we have lost in our midfield with the result of our players being injured! Esspecially geelong supporters haven't relalised! Well welcome to reality cats fans because you will most likely be going into the clash against a quality team in the dogs without your best player and best tagger! A bit like hodge and sewell for the hawks! So if you do lose you have no leg to stand on blaming the abbsence of these players because like you geelong supporters said us hawthorn fans arn't aloud to blame a few injuries to lossing to teams like the dogs and the roos! Good luck you will need it!

YAWN.........

Nice try Flogger Hawk.. As you said "you will most likely be going into the clash against a quality team in the dogs without your best player and best tagger!"

Percentage booster against "a Quality team"

So will you finally conced that the Cats are every bit the best team in the country? Or as I suspect you will try to come up with some other challenge we need to meet before we are any good?

Flog of the highest order......

looked super impessive the cats today next week will hopefully be a game worth the hype , i just wonder if rocket eade left his A game in the bag today, they are a cert to finish top 4. nice to see the Geelong football club give the young fan some tickets after the AFL shafted the young fella, ooops that was us who gave him the tickets.

hows that for reality.

Dont care what crap will be dished up by the hawks fans this week, we all know they will be afraid. and if they were to lose tonite......

fingers crossed, go saints!!

bloddy hell tassie, have some faith! your already making up excuses and you havent even lost yet!

im certain you should be able to keep us honest, or am i over rating you?ive been dying to see us come up against a proper footy team for a good time. **** who is injured and who isnt, this is gonna be a exebition of footy skill and hard contests, the result will count for little other than bragging rights, so why the **** are you already trying to cover your arses? look forward to it with eagerness, not fear.

bloddy hell tassie, have some faith! your already making up excuses and you havent even lost yet!

im certain you should be able to keep us honest, or am i over rating you?ive been dying to see us come up against a proper footy team for a good time. **** who is injured and who isnt, this is gonna be a exebition of footy skill and hard contests, the result will count for little other than bragging rights, so why the **** are you already trying to cover your arses? look forward to it with eagerness, not fear.

No excuses from me TM13, I know it will be a great contest and I expect us to prevail.

If not, I will take my medicine, but mark my words - your premiership is far from assured.

Hawks to win by six goals. Can't wait:thumbsu:

Thank god a geelong supporter who isn't a total w***er! Just so you no mate i do think you are a brilliant football team! Love watching you play! My original post was manly to idiot people who think injuries from hawthorn midfield was nothing but an excuse! It's not an excuse it's reality! not many teams can win without 3 or 4 of there best mids! So if you guys can beat the dogs without half your main midfilders playing then you are easily better then us! But if you don't then it just proves that there are a lot of geelong supporters who don't know to much about the game and are to rapt up in there own side to look outside the square!
He just said what almost every Geelong supporter has been saying this year, except GC26 of course. There are very few of us who actually call Hawthorn a terrible team.

Great thread, A for effort, see you next week.

For the last month now i have heard a lot of hawthorn fans say that we have done very well to be where we are on the ladder with the injuries we have had to our midfield! I agree , people don't understand the strenghts that we have lost in our midfield with the result of our players being injured! Esspecially geelong supporters haven't relalised! Well welcome to reality cats fans because you will most likely be going into the clash against a quality team in the dogs without your best player and best tagger! A bit like hodge and sewell for the hawks! So if you do lose you have no leg to stand on blaming the abbsence of these players because like you geelong supporters said us hawthorn fans arn't aloud to blame a few injuries to lossing to teams like the dogs and the roos! Good luck you will need it!
how did we go FH???

"Some say he has kicked goals from the HBF, unfortunately it was 2.11. We know him as the Duddy."

Anyway, this week is the 2nd big one, shame on Hawthorn not holding up their end, we beat the Bulldogs so we could have 1st v 2nd for 2 straight rounds and they butchered it against the Aints.

Key match notes;
Who will play on Franklin.
Who will play on Mooney.
Who will stop Scarlett setting play up.
Who will try and contain Hodge.
Will Crawford get a run?
Will Ablett return?

"Some say he has kicked goals from the HBF, unfortunately it was 2.11. We know him as the Duddy."

Anyway, this week is the 2nd big one, shame on Hawthorn not holding up their end, we beat the Bulldogs so we could have 1st v 2nd for 2 straight rounds and they butchered it against the Aints.

Key match notes;
Who will play on Franklin.
Who will play on Mooney.
Who will stop Scarlett setting play up.
Who will try and contain Hodge.
Will Crawford get a run?
Will Ablett return?

-Taylor will go to Franklin first up, if things go pear shaped Scarlett will take him.
-Croad to Mooney, Gilham to Lonergan.
-If Scarlett has to play one on one with Roughead he will have his hands full enough to stop his attacking drive. This puts some real pressure on Mackie and Milburn to set up the attack.
-Rooke will go to Hodge.
-Wouldn't suprise me, this game means a lot more to them than us.
-No.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who will play on Franklin? Mackie or Taylor.

Who will play on Mooney? Croad.

Who will stop Scarlett setting play up? Good question. Rough man will have some work to do.

Who will try and contain Hodge? Rooke.

Will Crawford get a run? I wouldn't think so will be too fast and furious for him first week back I'd think.

Will Ablett return? See above. Still probably a bit too sore and don't need him ending up with a stress fracture.

Why has this thread turned into a reasoned and considered analysis of the game and its key matchups? Isn't this Bay 13?

Hawks by 150,000 points.

0 goals, 150,000 points - all kicked by Buddy

Remove this Banner Ad

No more if's for geelong, its reality time!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back