No o'keefe deal done

Remove this Banner Ad

Dont even THINK about trying to tell me how to voice my opinion in here newbie....understand that what u think simply isnt important.

The only thing of any importance in this to me is MY opinion...and i'll damn well voice it.

So you're saying that because you sit around and post garbage like this and have been doing it for longer that your 'opinion' is worth more then mine? :rolleyes:

But yeah fair enough, you are allowed to have you own opinion, even if it is a really rubbish one.

You are just one of about 500 hawthorn supporters who will be trying to justify the stupidity of it all...clinging to media specualtion and attemting to invent and twist any sort of rubbish u hear just to make it look as though it was the other guys fault.

The deal didnt change all week...hawthorn knew what was required, the price, his price, and expressed strong interest. Knowing the price and the likely expenses they even went to Sydney to interview him.

Tyre kicking as an attempt to procure a bargain instead of an exchange. Knowing the price they should have just said NO so that OKeefe wasnt screwed around.

Not interested in excuses for them. Hawthorn fans wanted him...it was a VERY VERY fair price and the club expressed solid interest. No reason given for pulling the deal and screwing him but plenty of EXCUSES being offered.

Bollox i fail to see how Hawthorn was screwing him? Yes Hawthorn and the Hawk supporters wanted him, yes he probably was worth more than pick 16, but Hawthorn didnt want to do the deal at any cost ...

Surely your not suggesting that ROK and his management where more foolish than Big Footy experts? Surely ROK's management fielded interest from all Victorian clubs? Or are you suggesting it was incumbent on Hawthorn to make a deal to satisfy ROK regardless of the implications of there salary structure and what players they want to trade out?

Ill make sure i contact you next time i need to sell my house, give you the figure i want and then expect you to just hand over the cash

I think the gap between best and worst players is just that big that we can afford to use a lot of money.

I'd rather sort out our best players first and then worry about our second stringers next.

Re: O'Keefe to Essendon or Carlton in PSD...

Richmond supporters are really obsessed with us!
Juddy not picking them is still hurting. Warnock must be the iceing .. oh well time heals all they say.
:confused: I just don't want a team to be cheating the system, it has happened before and looks to be happening again, it's not a Richmond/Carlton thing, it is a for the sake of the game thing, I don't want another club to be cheating the system, simple as that, if it was any other team I would be asking to.

:confused: I just don't want a team to be cheating the system, it has happened before and looks to be happening again, it's not a Richmond/Carlton thing, it is a for the sake of the game thing, I don't want another club to be cheating the system, simple as that, if it was any other team I would be asking to.

You have proof of this? you must have proof to makes that sort of statement. How the **** would you know what our players are getting paid?

Considering PA receive more from the AFL then Melbourne, i wouldn't go running my mouth.

Where did you get that rubbish from? Where's your proof? In 2007 your ASD was $1mil and we got $250k. The same in 2008.

The AFL is paying for your new facilities to be built it isn't doing so with ours. From the Next Generation strategy power pt slide that was on the AFL website.

KEY ELEMENTS OF SUPPORT PLAN TAILORED FOR EACH CLUB

In 2007, every Club will receive $4.9m in base distribution and $1.2m in non TPP Distribution

Club 2007 Key support elements
Melbourne $8.0m ASD $1m pa
************ $1.5m for MOPT
************ Develop ACT
************ MCG deal

Port Adelaide $6.4m ASD $0.25m
*************** New AAMI/SANFL deal
*************** Grow supporter base

Go to the 2007 Annual report and what does it say?

http://afl.com.au/News/NEWSARTICLE/tabid/208/Default.aspx?newsId=56942 gives you a link to all the sections of the annual report.

http://afl.com.au/Portals/0/afl_docs/afl_hq/annual_reports/2007/Finance-Legal-Culture.pdf

Page 92

Payments to clubs
The AFL provided significant payments and financial
support to AFL clubs in 2007. These payments included
the following:

■ A base distribution to all clubs which totalled $78.6 million,
an increase of $7.5 million (10.5 per cent).
■ A bonus distribution of $1.2 million to all clubs from the
broadcast rights proceeds.

■ Another payment from the proceeds of the sale of Waverley
Park to the clubs totalling $4.8 million. The payment of
$0.25 million per club brings the total paid to date of
$1.75 million per club. A further $0.25 million per club
is due to be paid next year.

A total of $6.3 million was paid from the AFL’s Annual Special
Distribution fund to
the Western Bulldogs ($1.7 million), the
Kangaroos Football Club ($1.4 million), Melbourne Football
Club ($1 million),
Sydney Swans Football Club ($0.7 million),
Richmond Football Club ($0.4 million), Hawthorn Football Club
($0.25 million), and Port Adelaide Football Club ($0.25 million),
with $0.6 million paid to Telstra Dome to assist clubs playing
at this venue.

■ Other payments to clubs include distribution of the AFL’s
signage rights at Telstra Dome, prizemoney, travel subsidies
and to help clubs develop the game around Australia.

2007 payments to clubs
Club Base Other Total
Adelaide 4,913,256 1,872,325 6,785,581
Brisbane Lions 4,913,256 1,909,383 6,822,639
Carlton 4,913,256 3,667,898 8,581,154
Collingwood 4,913,256 3,293,892 8,207,148
Essendon 4,913,256 2,754,565 7,667,821
Fremantle 4,913,256 2,012,985 6,926,241
Geelong 4,913,256 3,258,771 8,172,027
Hawthorn 4,913,256 2,458,330 7,371,586
Kangaroos 4,913,256 4,103,769 9,017,025
Melbourne 4,913,256 3,326,069 8,239,325
Port Adelaide 4,913,256 2,614,680 7,527,936
Richmond 4,913,256 2,914,996 7,828,252
St Kilda 4,913,256 3,021,030 7,934,286
Sydney Swans 4,913,256 2,865,009 7,778,265
West Coast Eagles 4,913,256 2,231,128 7,144,384
Western Bulldogs 4,913,256 4,570,340 9,483,596
Total 78,612,096 46,875,169 125,487,265

The "Other" amount includes $1.2mil from TV monies which is fixed for 5 years, $250k from the Waverley Park sale proceeds and $155k from settlement of the C7 court case. All 16 clubs got this $1.6mil as part of their other payments.

We made the finals so that means our other amount includes $600k runners up prize money and a finals allowance the AFL pays the clubs who made finals, in our total, Yes you had 1,767 AFL members compared to our 164 and that's a difference of maybe $120k to $150k in the others total in your favour, but you can still see there is a big difference between what extras your club got over mine.

And what is the value of this bank guarantee the AFL gives to 10 clubs? Without it you wouldn't survive because you are technically insolvent with a deficiency of net assets of $4mil to $5mil.

http://www.afl.com.au/Portals/0/afl_docs/afl_hq/annual_reports/2007/ConciseFinancial.pdf

4. Contingent Liabilities

(vi) The Company entered into an agreement with Commonwealth
Bank of Australia Limited (“CBA”) whereby the Company
guarantees the obligations of Port Adelaide Football Club to CBA
to a maximum as at 31 October, 2007, of $250,000.

(ix) The Company entered into an agreement with Westpac whereby
the Company guarantees the obligations of the Melbourne
Football Club Limited to Westpac to a maximum as at 31 October,
2007, of $250,000.

(xiii) The Company entered into an agreement with Westpac
whereby the Company guarantees the obligations of the
Melbourne Football Club Limited to Westpac to a
maximum of $5 million. The guarantee expired on 31 October,
2007. A new annual guarantee was entered into on
1 November, 2007, for $5 million.

So Nick Stevens, Jarrad Waite, Heath Scotland and Marc Murphy are on $5 a year?Judd on $6mil for 5 years, Fev on $2mil for 3 years, Warnock either on $1.5mil for 4 years or $1.2mil for 3 years.

So amount per year for those three is:
Fev = $666k per year
Judd = $1.2mil per year
Warnock = $350k per year
So that is $2.21mil for 3 players, and that has to be accomidated for at least the next 3 years.

Now I don't know exactly what the Salary Cap is but I think it is around $8mil(Someone correct me), so that means for 41 other players there is around $6mil at most, that is an average of about $146k per player, right there seems viable, but throw in higher contracts for more valuable players and things become iffy, Waite, Gibbs, Murphy, Scotland, Stevens and soon to be Kruezer will all ask high prices next time contract talks come around, Waite, Scotland and Stevens most likely to be earning at least $350k per year if Warnock is, hell you would expect the whole list to be earning that much with Warnocks resume.

And add O'Keefe who is asking for $600k per year for 3 years and you begin to see my point.

So do you understand now?
Where did you see this figure (official place please, not herald sun)
i think the contract length is 6 years
for 4 million dollars
Also o'kkefe would only get 500k a year
and when you delist ackland at 300k a year
and saddington at around 200k a year
and you had 600 k room (according to greg swann) before trade week
you see how we have the money
we have a lot of young players who dont get much

So Nick Stevens, Jarrad Waite, Heath Scotland and Marc Murphy are on $5 a year?Judd on $6mil for 5 years, Fev on $2mil for 3 years, Warnock either on $1.5mil for 4 years or $1.2mil for 3 years.

So amount per year for those three is:
Fev = $666k per year
Judd = $1.2mil per year
Warnock = $350k per year
So that is $2.21mil for 3 players, and that has to be accomidated for at least the next 3 years.

Now I don't know exactly what the Salary Cap is but I think it is around $8mil(Someone correct me), so that means for 41 other players there is around $6mil at most, that is an average of about $146k per player, right there seems viable, but throw in higher contracts for more valuable players and things become iffy, Waite, Gibbs, Murphy, Scotland, Stevens and soon to be Kruezer will all ask high prices next time contract talks come around, Waite, Scotland and Stevens most likely to be earning at least $350k per year if Warnock is, hell you would expect the whole list to be earning that much with Warnocks resume.

And add O'Keefe who is asking for $600k per year for 3 years and you begin to see my point.

So do you understand now?

You have no idea do you.:rolleyes: There is no way Judd is on 1.2M a year to start with. And to top it off, every club has a set amount of money they can pay a player that is not in the TPP. This is for a Marquee player for being the face of the club etc (Advertising) Kouta used to get a fair bit of it, then Fev and now Judd.
Fev will be a veteran soon so only half his pay will be under the TPP (300k-325k). We get rid of Ackland at around 350k. Im pretty sure Stevens couldnt demand the same money now as what he first got to come over.Especially with his form and the risk of his injuries. We have a lot of first and second year players who get a regular game and are on set contracts under the draft rules. Our backline, half of the posters here wouldnt even have heard of half of them, Players like Bower, Jamison ( who was on the rookie list), O'hailpin, Browne, Armfield..I suppose they should all be on 300k too. :rolleyes: We also have players like Russell, Grigg, Cloke,Betts.... Then you have the next rung up of players like Fisher, Simpson, Thornton, Carrazzo,Walker,Houlihan and Scotland.. Waite would probably be the 3rd or 4th highest paid at our club..And with the way everyone on here bags him, he wouldnt be on much would he??;)......
So before all you so called experts go sprouting off that we are over the cap, Use some brains and think before you just type crap that you are repeating after you have read some other tossers post.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

its not so much that you will be exceeding your cap for next year but its more whether you will be willing to pay players like okeefe warnock judd etc what they want and be able to keep the players in the future.

what happens in 2 years when you are still paying those three players plus fev etc big big dollars and murphy, gibbs, kruezer etc want new deals? you will have heaps of other clubs offering 3 times as much as you can pay for them. make no mistake its your kids that are going to make you win a premiership not players like okeefe, although they would contribute. it seems that in enlisting all these big names you are likely to lose the thing that will make you a good side in the first place. just my opinion though

nice to see somone understands that we wont be exeeding our cap next year, even if we get ROK, perspective is such a rare and valuable thing on this site..Your concern about our ability to keep a stong list together in future years is appreciated although I'd suggest that this is a nice problem to have and don't lose any sleep over this as it's something that we'll deal with as other strong clubs have done and will do again

o

Yep, he did show me:p

Suprised to see Collingwood get that much.

Collingwood had 9,105 AFL members in 2007. Given that 6,875 were adults and that the AFL gave $120 to the clubs for each adult member in 2007 to each club, and a lesser amount for concessions and kids, then the AFL probably paid Collingwood $900k to $950k compared to your $180k to $200k (in the previous post I gave a net difference between Port and Melb but was probably understated it by $40k). Also they made a prelim final so it includes prize money and finals allowance.

I am not 100% sure if there was any money for facilities development for collingwood. It wasn't announced in the Next Generation documents, but they did get something when the $55mil redevelopment of 7 Vic clubs was announced in June 2006, involving, state and local government grants and AFL and club monies. Not sure when they got the proposed AFL monies.

Remove this Banner Ad

No o'keefe deal done

Remove this Banner Ad

Back