No such thing as Best 22

Remove this Banner Ad

You been on the juice again tigs2010 ?

Knights is far superior to OH MY GOD LOOK HOW HIGH MY BALL DROP IS Pettered! :p

They're both pretty ordinary. I reckon Knights is a bit selfish. I'd rather neither got a game as a walk up start. But they probably will.

I did write that in December too before either played. We need Knights playing like he did against Freo.

They're both pretty ordinary. I reckon Knights is a bit selfish. I'd rather neither got a game as a walk up start. But they probably will.

OMG! Wash you mouth out!!! With Pettered I agree with but Knights before his injury, he was getting back to normal touch and was considered by many experts ( like my dad and Bob at the Roxy) one of the best HHF in the game.

I demand you retract else it will be pistols at dawn! :p

OMG! Wash you mouth out!!! With Pettered I agree with but Knights before his injury, he was getting back to normal touch and was considered by many experts ( like my dad and Bob at the Roxy) one of the best HHF in the game.

I demand you retract else it will be pistols at dawn! :p

As I edited I wrote the bit you quoted in December before either played a game. Knights was ok. (good in the Freo game) Petterd was ok too down back when not playing as a KPD. :oops:

Season pretty much panned out how I thought. Both are average. Knights is more injury prone than Petterd.

As I edited I wrote the bit you quoted in December before either played a game. Knights was ok. (good in the Freo game) Petterd was ok too down back when not playing as a KPD. :oops:

Season pretty much panned out how I thought. Both are average. Knights is more injury prone than Petterd.

Knights however was getting better with every game he played. Unfortunately he got an arrow in the knee but next year and bookmark this, Knights will be rated one of our top 21 players on our list!

Knights however was getting better with every game he played. Unfortunately he got an arrow in the knee but next year and bookmark this, Knights will be rated one of our top 21 players on our list!

Probably. He'll be one of those players that gets better and better the more games he misses. Should be Cotchin level by end of his contract. :D

More of a this is what I'm hoping will be the best 22 for 2014:

B: Morris, Rance, Grimes
HB: Houli, Chaplin, Ellis
C: Grigg, Cotchin, Jackson
HF: Martin, Griffiths, Knights
F: Vickery, Riewoldt, S.Edwards
R: Maric, Deledio, Vlastuin
INT: Conca, Hampson, Foley, Sub: Mcbean and Mcdonahue depending on who's playing better in 2's

I really hope Griff has a break out year and makes CHF his. His long kicking would be a weapon from outside 50.

Sorry Newy and Kingy. I'd also like to piss off Grigg to the VFL but at this stage he's in

B: Morris, Rance, Grimes
HB: Houli, Chaplin, Ellis
C: Grigg, Cotchin, Jackson
HF: Martin, Riewoldt, Knights
F: Maric, Vickery, S.Edwards
R: Hampson, Deledio, Vlastuin
INT: Conca, Newman, Arnot, Sub:Foley

FB: Morris rance grimes
HB: Houli Chaplin vlastuin
Centre: Ellis lids Jackson
HF: Martin reiwoldt knights
FF: King Vickery hampson
Rucks: Maric cotchin conca
Int: Newman Grigg S. Edwards
Sub foley

Good Depth
Dea
Batchelor
Petterd
Astbury
Arnot
A. Edwards
Mcbean
Stephenson

Current best 22 for round 1

B: Morris, Rance, Chaplin
HB: Houli, Grimes, Vlastuin
C: Ellis, Jackson! Deledio
HF: Martin, Riewoldt, Arnott
FF: S.Edwards, Vickery, Hampson
R: Maric, Cotchin, Conca
INT: Grigg, Newman, Knights
Sub: Foley

I think in essence the threads are maybe sub par this far out, but purely because they are used as just names and not a lot of reason is given for each of the choices.

So...

5 of the back line pick themselves at this stage. Floss is there because i think we should always try and maintain a player behind-ish the ball who can dispose of the ball well, but more importantly make good decisions when kicking long. Players I'd swap through that position are Floss, Lids, Ellis and Newman. If the opposition is playing a set 6 man forward line, obviously this position changes. I'd have Newman or Floss there, and probably if we saw it happening pick Petterd over knights. I will say Batch or Dea will be in the running for this floating spot in the 22 from the early periods of next year.

Ellis and Lids on the wing breathes pace and good kicking into our midfield movements, something a lot on here are calling for. Lids needs to go forward if he gets a tag, run his guts out presenting for the footy from half forward.

Arnott will have a very strong pre season and Dimma will look to him to start the forward pressure and also move into the midfield to provide a strong body. Martin's spot is obvious, as we look to rotate mids through the forward line. But we should use this as more of a weapon. Lids, Martin and Cotch are amazing one on one players, I have no problem with seeing the forward line using them deep as a go to point. Also, these good kickers of the footy are crucial, as I think our kicking inside 50 can improve. We have very good forwards when they are on the lead.

The three talls in the forward line is set up in a specific way. I would put jack there not because dimma has said so, but because of his amazing football brain. Jack can be so dangerous floating through the forward line particularly when he leads back and then away from goal. Starting him high provides him with the best opportunity to do this. Also, I think we are more dangerous from a centre break with Ty and Hampson deep, the extra height is so important for quick centre breaks. This also encourages a lesser defender to Riewoldt, or at least a defender focused more on aerobic capacity and not strength. Jack is in between a strong forward and a pure leading forward, and he lines up much better on fellow hybrid players for mine as his tricks prove too much. However, as the game develops, aka as soon as we are no longer that chance on a quick break, Hampson swaps with JR in a sense. Hampson has to be the get out kick, use his athleticism to leap at the ball. If worst comes to worst, although he is an iffy kick, it's less likely to be a speculative kick to a bad area, as he has provided the option further up the ground. Maric stays more deep due to a different degree of athleticism, and jack deals with that as it comes. Gets the best out of all 3 IMO. I know everyone raves about mcbean, but I cannot pick him as I haven't seen enough of his games.

King is close, but if arnott and Edwards can do their jobs I think we are more dangerous with a forward line without him. He is so good at what he does, but give me a hard working goal scoring threat over a hard working defensive forward. Just makes us more dangerous, and Edwards and arnott should be able to apply the defensive pressure.

Grigg, Newman and foley are the next best three for mine. Knights is in because I think we should always be looking to be dangerous. He isn't my favourite player, but he is a goal threat.

Either way, I just posted what I thought up on the train in Italy the other day, so I'm content. Just think we need more reasons why it's a best 22 as a team, not just position by position who is the better player.

Remove this Banner Ad

No such thing as Best 22

Remove this Banner Ad

Back