Win Prizes Nominations for Bay 13 Flog of the Year 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Mandela was labelled a terrorist until 2008.

It's no surprise, really. The "T" label is applied to most resistance movements that dare challenge the rule of the US and its allies.

You sir definitely getting my POTY vote !
Legend

You sir definitely getting my POTY vote !
Legend
Hah - nah there are more deserving posters - but yeah, there are some things the West are right in doing (eg supplying Ukraine) but that's a by-product of the action, not the main driver. If people take the time to consider other perspectives, then 'history' becomes a lot less concrete.

Anyway, I've just read zackah's post about dislodging his "banhammer" from its "home" - so I'll zip my lip.

#vivalaresistance

Mandela was labelled a terrorist until 2008.

It's no surprise, really. The "T" label is applied to most resistance movements that dare challenge the rule of the US and its allies.

Mandela advocated for non-violent acts of resistance. Sure it would have been an easy label by the apartheid leaders to call him a terrorist, but anyone familiar with him knows he had little in common with the Iran-funded, civilian-targeting terrorists that have kept Lebanon in a state of dysfunction for decades. If Elmer doesn't like the term being thrown his way, he shouldn't be in favour of the literal definition of a terrorist organisation.

Well bay flogs, we've seen some truly floggish behaviour this year, so it is time to get the ball rolling with the award for 2024

Like the title says, just nominate a flog that you think has displayed the floggiest style of this year - unfortunatly nominating a permabanzed flog will be a waste, so dont be a danWA and do that.

Dont give 3,2,1 votes, that will prove you are stupid and cant read, just nominate a flog. Voting will be later!

You could nominate a flog who just mashes the dislike button for every one of your posts.
You could nominate a flog who makes a thread every 30 seconds with vacuous ideas that pop into their heads.

As always, mods are exempt as we are by definition not flogs :p

Dishonour roll of past FOTY greats include:
2023 - Aristotle Pickett
2022 - Footy Is The Win
2021 - Laphroaig
2020 - DanWA (the illustrious FOTY 3peat)
2019 - DanWA
2018 - DanWA
2017 - Subaru
2016 - Sportsmaniac/Plugger35/Tigerboyz
2015 - J'AIDS
2014 - tazhawk
2013 - longdaveyjetta
2012 - Hard to Beat (Meltdown Mario)
2011 - Poseidon
2010 - Black Flag
2009 - Wonaeamirri33
2008 - Shotta
2007 - ManCityBlues

Go for it...
I'd almost forgotten about Black Flag, and W33. Wow.

I'd almost forgotten about Black Flag, and W33. Wow.
Yeah, flogs from yesteryear... where are they now? Stinking up a different forum somewhere

Mandela advocated for non-violent acts of resistance. Sure it would have been an easy label to call him a terrorist, but anyone familiar with him knows he had little in common with the Iran-funded, civilian-targeting terrorists that have kept Lebanon in a state of dysfunction for decades. If Elmer doesn't like the term being thrown his way, he shouldn't be in favour of the literal definition of a terrorist organisation.

You should read up on the military wing of the ANC, which Mandela co-founded.

It wasn't an 'would have been an easy call' situation - it was literally what he was labelled.

Hizbollah were formed as a direct response to the Israeli invasion of Lebanon in the 1980s, which literally makes it a resistance group.

That's my last post on it.

Im Out GIF

When politics enters the Bay

Yeah, flogs from yesteryear... where are they now? Stinking up a different forum somewhere
Black Flag pussed his way back into the forum when Carlton were doing well in about June.

And went disappearing again a week later :$

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You should read up on the military wing of the ANC, which Mandela co-founded.

It wasn't an 'would have been an easy call' situation - it was literally what he was labelled.

Hizbollah were formed as a direct response to the Israeli invasion of Lebanon in the 1980s, which literally makes it a resistance group.

That's my last post on it.

Mandela's activities were largely sabotage. You're either ill-informed or just wearing rose-coloured glasses to suggest he was doing similar to Hezbollah. As for them being formed as resistance, sure...yet they still exist decades after their supposed objective was reached.

Tanker Kulcha right there, Kreuzer Missile did the same thing then went AWOL when he made goose of himself with that backfired thread he posted about them being this years premiers.🤦‍♂️

How many concussions have you had in your life ? Seriously, you are 75 cents short of the full buck.

Mandela's activities were largely sabotage. You're either ill-informed or just wearing rose-coloured glasses to suggest he was doing similar to Hezbollah. As for them being formed as resistance, sure...yet they still exist decades after their supposed objective was reached.
dont think i wont bant you just because you have 3 bewbs flog

Remove this Banner Ad

Win Prizes Nominations for Bay 13 Flog of the Year 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back