No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I must say, watching the Cats versus the Bombers, that making Geelong look bog average for a quarter last week was no mean feat.
We sometimes often lose perspective on this board. Cats are in form I'd be betting they make the GF at least. We went bloody close last week and sometimes you can be unlucky. Losing 2 players before half time against a top side when you need all hands on deck for 4 quarters is unlucky.

Geelong are the best team in the competition at the moment. We really did let one slip away last week.

Got them at $11 for the flag after they torched Port. I have lost almost every flag bet I’ve had in recent years, but this one looks ok given there’s no massive MCG to defend.

That said, I’d still back Richmond to run over them in a final. Hopefully that’s the GF so I can hedge....

We sometimes often lose perspective on this board. Cats are in form I'd be betting they make the GF at least. We went bloody close last week and sometimes you can be unlucky. Losing 2 players before half time against a top side when you need all hands on deck for 4 quarters is unlucky.

You’re probably right.

I’m looking at everything with a significant bias because I decided a while ago that our MC and at least elements of the coaching is nothing short of incompetent. So I can’t get past the view that a competent ruck and more solid defensive personnel would’ve won us that game despite the injuries.

Today will be an interesting acid test. WC missing at least three of their best players and with their main forward coming back from a spell with concussion, and playing them in GC with a much longer break between games.

We sometimes often always lose perspective on this board. Cats are in form I'd be betting they make the GF at least. We went bloody close last week and sometimes you can be unlucky. Losing 2 players before half time against a top side when you need all hands on deck for 4 quarters is unlucky.

EFA

Wondering which rule/oppo player/hub issue/draft compromise Clarko will go with today...
Looks like he's blaming the Saints this time 😁

He did say, though, that they weren't very good - 40 marks for one goal, or something like that - cos they only beat the Hawks 😁

😁😁😁🙄😁

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You’re probably right.

I’m looking at everything with a significant bias because I decided a while ago that our MC and at least elements of the coaching is nothing short of incompetent. So I can’t get past the view that a competent ruck and more solid defensive personnel would’ve won us that game despite the injuries.

Today will be an interesting acid test. WC missing at least three of their best players and with their main forward coming back from a spell with concussion, and playing them in GC with a much longer break between games.
Today is all or nothing. I don't think we can make it if we lose. But I'd like us to win even if it just prolongs the agony for 2 weeks. At least our agony will be prolonged..unlike Essendon....and Hawthorn

Third to last Round 2019, Essendon have a slim hope of making finals, but concede 21 straight goals in a 104 point massacre we all remember only too well.

3rd to last Round 2020, good to see things haven't changed much

Today is all or nothing. I don't think we can make it if we lose. But I'd like us to win even if it just prolongs the agony for 2 weeks. At least our agony will be prolonged..unlike Essendon....and Hawthorn
We're not completely out of it if we lose today, but we will need a lot of things to mainly fall our way.

Remember in July when cocky types on the Bombers board were saying we'd be top of the ladder if that Melbourne game hadn't been postponed, let's start planning for the GF?

Nice to see they are as far away from another finals win as ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back