No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Although he didn't play for us, it would be good if the dogs wore black armbands next week for Liam's sake and I think Billy did spend a lot of time supporting the dogs over the past 10 years
Billy was such a big part of footy in the late 70’s early 80’s when I became aware of the game. Huge personality and character. Gone too soon.

Tim Kelly has to be up there for the worst return for a supposedly elite player - didn’t they give up two first rounders for him?

Windhager has completely taken him out of the game, and at least to me watching on tv it looks like he’s not working anywhere near hard enough. I know he’s played some good games for WC, I just don’t think I’ve seen any.

Tim Kelly has to be up there for the worst return for a supposedly elite player - didn’t they give up two first rounders for him?

Windhager has completely taken him out of the game, and at least to me watching on tv it looks like he’s not working anywhere near hard enough. I know he’s played some good games for WC, I just don’t think I’ve seen any.
Kelly fitted inot Geelong's midfield beautifully, covering what we now consider to be his deficiencies.

Just not the same set-up at WCE.

Kelly fitted inot Geelong's midfield beautifully, covering what we now consider to be his deficiencies.

Just not the same set-up at WCE.

100%

To be fair to West Coast, they haven't ever got close to their full midfield together in the three seasons Kelly has been there. Shuey and Yeo have missed more games than they've played and Sheed and NicNat have virtually missed all of this season. Also had that large period where they all sooked because they had to play on the Gold Coast.

I watched the last 10 mins of the Essendon vs Collingwood game, and Stringer shit the bed about 4 times. What could have been with him.

Shout out to Dylan Shiel with one of the dumbest kicks of the year.

I watched the last 10 mins of the Essendon vs Collingwood game, and Stringer s**t the bed about 4 times. What could have been with him.

Shout out to Dylan Shiel with one of the dumbest kicks of the year.

Stringer just blazed away every time he got it near the end, was brutal.

Elliott with an amazing kick to win it, but how he was allowed to take the mark by the two bombers defenders was criminal.

Kudos to the pies, but they’re scrambling over the line against bottom six teams. Their ladder position is artificially inflated and if they finish 5th then whoever of the tigers, saints or ourselves finish 8th will have been given a golden chance to make it to week two of finals.

He had 4 disposals for the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was watching without sound but thought it was obvious. Was waiting for him to be brought to the goal square then nothing.
The only reason I think it might not have been paid is that it was a pretty late whistle for the free kick. So the umpire might have just given a little benefit of the doubt to the Pies player who kicked it. Would have been pretty loud in the stadium.

Last edited:
The only reason I think it might not have been paid is that is was a pretty late whistle for the free kick. So the umpire might have just given a little benefit of the doubt to the Pies player who kicked it. Would have been pretty loud in the stadium.

My thoughts exactly

Pies are such a weird team, on top of all these last minute wins they also lost to West Coast and blew a 6 goal lead to Geeong in the 4th. Could be two games clear on top or a couple of games out of the 8 easily. Plus we belted them when we were completely down on form. Would love to play them in the 5 v. 8 matchup, shades of 2006.

Last edited:
Stringer just blazed away every time he got it near the end, was brutal.

Elliott with an amazing kick to win it, but how he was allowed to take the mark by the two bombers defenders was criminal.

Kudos to the pies, but they’re scrambling over the line against bottom six teams. Their ladder position is artificially inflated and if they finish 5th then whoever of the tigers, saints or ourselves finish 8th will have been given a golden chance to make it to week two of finals.

How Essendon didn't factor in Jones missing his set shot and set up for a kick in was where the true criminality was on display.

Whilst they were aimlessly milling about at CHF with their thumbs ups their arses the Pies were pushing wide and making the most of the space.

It was one of the worst defensive lapses by an entire team that Ive ever seen.

Jones should have wasted thirty seconds and then chipped it sideways to ice the game.

His ego cost them the game.
I think it was inexperience for Jones, and shows the lack of leadership at Essendon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back