No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Potentially another AFL side making a grand final that has a huge home ground advantage. Western Bulldogs the only AFL side in 23 years that has won a premiership and had their home ground based at Marvel /Telstra dome
There is probably a little bit of merit to the argument but I think the more simple explanation is that the Marvel tenants have just been poorly managed clubs.

We can go on about Geelongs HGA which I agree with, but they have always been able to win away too.

Still can’t believe what happened last night. How do Port keep losing home finals? They’ll be ripe for the picking next week for whoever wins tonight. Especially with no Butters.

Still can’t believe what happened last night. How do Port keep losing home finals? They’ll be ripe for the picking next week for whoever wins tonight. Especially with no Butters.

From lurking the Port board after losses, Hinkley has reportedly publicly said finals are scary. Bringing that attitude in to coaching, rather than "here's our chance to blow everyone away", could definitely have an impact on his coaching.

Funnily enough its the small things that add up when Port continue to have such pathetic showings. If you recall in our prelim all the talk was about how Drew was going to shut down Libba again, however at the 1st bounce Drew is on the bench. Similarly last night 1st bounce rolls along and JHF is walking to the bench. Absolutely zero logic in making that move.

Oh my god

The new type of Essendon off-season article, replacing 'Stringer in career best shape and training to play in the midfield'.

Oh my god

Maybe they could do a dunk the bomber's player carnival game too
200.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, and good luck to them.

GWS and the Suns have a true home ground. Is that why they are so good??

At least they are a standard shape and have wings…..

I said it’s a factor - I didn’t say Geelong were not a good side.
GWS have multiple home grounds….Gold coast don’t play all of their home games at the same ground.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

At least they are a standard shape and have wings…..

I said it’s a factor - I didn’t say Geelong were not a good side.
GWS have multiple home grounds….Gold coast don’t play all of their home games at the same ground.

Neither do Geelong

Ok - whatever you think. It’s an advantage some other teams do not have.Full stop.

You can MYOB on my opinion if you like.

It's an advantage all Melbourne based teams gave up on for financial reasons.

The only true advantage they have is they also get to play home games at the G. All of their home games should be in Geelong

On SM-S926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Go Hawks

I know people are annoyed at them after they just embarrassed us, but you have to give it to them.

Nice attractive football, don't give up and just keep going.
Agree. They could go the whole way but I suspect other coaches will be better prepared. Should at least make the prelim.

They do play an impressive brand of football. There's a lot we could learn from their method (but probably won't).

I'd rather Hawthorn won the flag than any side left in it except Port. And I can't see Port winning it after what they dished up last night.

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Back