Opinion Non-Crows AFL 10

Who will win a final first?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are the one calling people lazy just by default. By suggesting they cant look on their phones or ask a mate. The only conclusion is you are saying todays generation is spectacularly lazy, so lazy they cant do what people have done for 150 years. OMG how did I ever manage knowing the names of every player on my team. lol
Why would you want to not watch the game though and look at your phone?
People might be interested in the team you are playing against.
Once again it doesn’t affect you so why are you arguing against it?
There’s zero downside.

Why would you want to not watch the game though and look at your phone?
People might be interested in the team you are playing against.
Once again it doesn’t affect you so why are you arguing against it?
There’s zero downside.

Have you not been to an AFL game. Most people watch the game through their phones these days trying to film lol. Ive been to games where a whole section of crowd when the game was at the far end just look at the phones and watch the telecast. lol.

It affects me because you are literally wanting to kill 150 years of tradition and uniqueness to again, cater for lazy people who you think might be interested. The jumper looks way too busy and its a waste of time. But so they have their last name. Guess what question normally follows finding out their last name? their first name genius, they will then go and look it up. So it defeats the whole purpose of this activity.

Sometimes the best thing to do is to simply keep things simple. Spoon feeding fans for the sake of appeasing a fraction of a % who might like seeing names doesnt make sense when as pointed out, its impracticle at every level.

Laughing Out Loud Lol GIF by Minions

Have you not been to an AFL game. Most people watch the game through their phones these days trying to film lol. Ive been to games where a whole section of crowd when the game was at the far end just look at the phones and watch the telecast. lol.

It affects me because you are literally wanting to kill 150 years of tradition and uniqueness to again, cater for lazy people who you think might be interested. The jumper looks way too busy and its a waste of time. But so they have their last name. Guess what question normally follows finding out their last name? their first name genius, they will then go and look it up. So it defeats the whole purpose of this activity.

Sometimes the best thing to do is to simply keep things simple. Spoon feeding fans for the sake of appeasing a fraction of a % who might like seeing names doesnt make sense when as pointed out, its impracticle at every level.
I don’t think they’d be doing that when there’s multiple big screens that are live vs a delayed stream on their phone.
The tradition thing is rubbish, jumpers are nothing like they were, no lace up, sponsors, no wool.
It’s such a simple thing that is only a positive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t think they’d be doing that when there’s multiple big screens that are live vs a delayed stream on their phone.
The tradition thing is rubbish, jumpers are nothing like they were, no lace up, sponsors, no wool.

They do, ive seen it. Many young fans simply play apps and text their mates too. Denying it doesnt mean I am wrong.

They do, ive seen it. Many young fans simply play apps and text their mates too. Denying it doesnt mean I am wrong.
At our games it seems like people are more interested in their Insta snaps than the game itself. Understandable I suppose given how poor we've been for the last six years.

Look, its the busyness of the guensey that I would be most annoyed about. If the AFL removed a sponsors logo from the back to cater for it, allowing for a classy finish id accept it. I value the look.

At our games it seems like people are more interested in their Insta snaps than the game itself. Understandable I suppose given how poor we've been for the last six years.

But this is all to counter the argument isnt it. Whats the point in undertaking the exercise of names on the back if people can access the information within seconds on their phones anyway and if they arent watching, whats the need. Do we think they will all switch their phones off? Names are the difference here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back