Opinion Non-Crows AFL 10

Who will win a final first?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you are missing something there. If you are still playing each other twice how do rewarding 2 points make any difference?
Because people complain about those that get to play north twice vs those that play, say Sydney twice.
in this situation you can only get max 4 pts vs each team over the year.

Just heard a pretty good idea on radio someone came up with, that for all teams you play twice a year, each game is only worth 2 points, so effectively you can only get 4 points against each team in the comp.
The only downside I can see is the ladder wouldn’t be correct until the end of the year, but we have the same until all the byes are done currently.
Can one of you nerds do the ladder for this year and last if this applied?

Last year would be interesting.

Because people complain about those that get to play north twice vs those that play, say Sydney twice.
in this situation you can only get max 4 pts vs each team over the year.

It’s still not ‘fair’.

If you beat a top team, you have to do it twice for it to count vs other teams that only have to get up once.

Teams playing west coast and north twice still get the chance to rest players an additional game etc.

The only fair way is to player everyone twice, once home and once away.

Since that doesn’t work, it should be play every team once. Every year switch who is home and away.

And I know I’ve said it before, but doing this would allow for an extended finals series. I’d do best of 3 series, 1 v 8, 2 v 7, 3 v 6 and 4 v 5. No advantages once finals start other than an easier/harder opponent.

I feel finals lose steam after week 1. We should be watching the best teams perform, not 3 games in 5 weeks for top 4 team that wins out.

I think you are missing something there. If you are still playing each other twice how do rewarding 2 points make any difference?
It means that the two games played against double up teams are worth a total of 4 points. It means that there are a total of 4 points on offer for each opponent (as distinct from each game) over the course of the H&A season. It thus reduces the impact of having a "hard" or "soft" set of double-up opponents.

It means that the two games played against double up teams are worth a total of 4 points. It means that there are a total of 4 points on offer for each opponent (as distinct from each game) over the course of the H&A season. It thus reduces the impact of having a "hard" or "soft" set of double-up opponents.
It would make games against finals rivals you only play once pretty high stakes.

Marlion Pickett being given praise in his retirement from the AFL, like he is some kind of hero, is gross.

Should not have been playing.

WTF .. I have no idea why he isn't actually wearing the shorts?

At least there's a pair on display

Had someone suggest once that should get premiership points based on how many points per game minus how many points points your opposition kick or something

Had someone suggest once that should get premiership points based on how many points per game minus how many points points your opposition kick or something
Is that like the 12th Man's Sidchrome team of the year, made up of players who look the most like spanners?

Is that like the 12th Man's Sidchrome team of the year, made up of players who look the most like spanners?
lol just trying to remember were i heard it, it was at the time people were complaining about overly defensive low scoring games, it was like a Premiership point per 25 points scored but you lost one for every 50 points or something stupid scored against you

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So after 27 years they finally were able to equal our record of 2 flags in the AFL. It took us just 7 years to win 2 flags.

They can come back to me when they are ahead of the ledger, not when they are equal.
But if we’re both on 2 they’ve done it in less time now…

We got there faster but have sat there and if we have equal number by your measure that would actually make them better in present time

Strange vibe at this Friday night game

Probably our two biggest challengers for the most disappointing team of 2024 title

(I'd add Essendon to the mix but no one's disappointed to see them fail)

season 2 episode 10 GIF

Strange vibe at this Friday night game

Probably our two biggest challengers for the most disappointing team of 2024 title

(I'd add Essendon to the mix but no one's disappointed to see them fail)
At least both their coaches have won a flag... which we can only dream about.

I'm only interested from a footy tipping pov.
1st in 1 comp & 3rd in the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back