Opinion Non-Crows AFL 10

Remove this Banner Ad

You get the sense that internally Port are a club that are very much united.

The players love Ken, they are happy with the Carr/,Ken coaching set up.

Kochie/Ken(Carr)/Davies/Richardson all united. These are their pillars.

The issue, is that Tredrea and their supporters, rightly, demand more success. And the current list/coach set up is not good enough.

Tredrea is very much an outsider to this group. It is his club, but he is removed from the people running the club.

I can see Tredrea being churned out of his Board position. Especially if they make the Eight this year.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Doubt they can churn Tredders, not without a GF appearance. He won’t go and they can’t do anything about him.

Kenny is back in the 8

Ken Hinkley Football GIF by Port Adelaide FC

The Save Kenny Thread just got faster. :blush:

They haven't next week

Match of the Round, Sunday twilight at the Gabba :)
You know we'll win that right?

Thilthorpe back in, Rankine, Captain fantastic, Rachelle finally finding it, Fog beasting it up, Murray getting better and better, Keane's back with a vengeance, ...Murphy on fire 🔥...

Ignore him at Board meetings, make it so hard for him he quits.

I guess the alternative is they keep him at arms length. Give him a few "wins". But make no real change.

They can’t afford to isolate him, they already tried to keep him out. Performance against or greater than expectation is the only way they can nullify him.

They can’t afford to isolate him, they already tried to keep him out. Performance against or greater than expectation is the only way they can nullify him.
Then it is the alternative.

Give him a few small wins.

Right now he is one voice against an organisation who seems very close knit and happy with how things are going.

Tredrea's main hope for change is for some friction between Kochie/Davies/Richardson/Ken.

There does not seem to be.

I think you've hit the nail on the head to some degree.

The vocal contingent of Port supporters are thse in their late 40s to 60s who grew up during the golden era at Port and don't realise that the world doesn't work that way in the AFL.

They think that if they can get rid of Ken and wear the prison bars that Port will then just stay dominating the AFL.

They've put all their faith in Tredrea, but they don't realise that not everyone thinks that way and there's another contingent of supporters that think Port are around the mark and just need to keep plugging away.

So, exactly like us when Roo came in. Except the SANFL history.

Then it is the alternative.

Give him a few small wins.

Right now he is one voice against an organisation who seems very close knit and happy with how things are going.

Tredrea's main hope for change is for some friction between Kochie/Davies/Richardson/Ken.

There does not seem to be.

What makes you think they’re happy though? Have they tapped past people like Jammo to come out and defend them like we have? Have they tapped Rooch to write and say nice things like we have with Wrinkles and Blight. Did they announce a sham internal review to support the status quo. Maybe I’ve missed it, but reckon we’ve circled the wagons whereas Ken has been left to fend for himself.

Simpson has to be under some serious pressure surely....

There’s been a lot of acceptance etc with the situation, but that is well and truly over now. Practically no injuries, “best” team named and to deliver that.

Will be a matter of when he goes now. No good and can’t see Don and the board (it was rumoured to be a close vote to keep him on this year) accepting any more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What makes you think they’re happy though? Have they tapped past people like Jammo to come out and defend them like we have? Have they tapped Rooch to write and say nice things like we have with Wrinkles and Blight. Did they announce a sham internal review to support the status quo. Maybe I’ve missed it, but reckon we’ve circled the wagons whereas Ken has been left to fend for himself.
Tredrea makes one comment on AA, Richo straight on the phone to correct him.

Cos Cardone makes sure his employees in Caro/Kano to the company line

Seeing how much the players obviously like Ken.

Cassisi sticking up for the club.

Both clubs pretty much in the same situation, but Port are ran like a slick media machine. We are amateurs at this stuff.

Plus, you can see division at our club. Nicks during the week making negative comments about playing kids. Dawson in his after match saying the win against GWS came down to the kids performance.

Is this a joke?

I’m a bit of a softy, actually felt for him not being able to suppress the emotion. Plus it was all about the players doing it for him. It’s a brutal game and they’re paid well to perform, and he’s had a fair crack at it, but seeing that raw emotion isn’t easy.
I feel like he puts it on actually. (Probably doesn’t but still)

Tredrea makes one comment on AA, Richo straight on the phone to correct him.

Cos Cardone makes sure his employees in Caro/Kano to the company line

Seeing how much the players obviously like Ken.

Cassisi sticking up for the club.

Both clubs pretty much in the same situation, but Port are ran like a slick media machine. We are amateurs at this stuff.

Plus, you can see division at our club. Nicks during the week making negative comments about playing kids. Dawson in his after match saying the win against GWS came down to the kids performance.

What was interesting was when Caro was arguing with Tredders on FiveAA and she specifically mentioned that people in the pro-Hinkley camp were bitterly disappointed with his comments and thought his position on the Board was in trouble.

He pressed her about who it was and whether it was from the club and all she said was, "I never said they worked for the club", "I just said they were Ken Hinkley supporters".

It was blatantly obvious who she was talking about that made the comments.....

Screenshot_20240630-204751.png

What was interesting was when Caro was arguing with Tredders on FiveAA and she specifically mentioned that people in the pro-Hinkley camp were bitterly disappointed with his comments and thought his position on the Board was in trouble.

He pressed her about who it was and whether it was from the club and all she said was, "I never said they worked for the club", "I just said they were Ken Hinkley supporters".

It was blatantly obvious who she was talking about that made the comments.....

View attachment 2035498
You should cop a ban for posting that photo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back