Opinion Non-Crows AFL 10

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd appeal. Head clash wasn't intentional so they can f off.
But the bump was intentional. The only ground for a challenge was to argue the severity of the impact which, given Starc went off concussed and will miss this week, would've also been unlikely.

Maybe they could've challenged the impact being body instead of head (which is where the bump was aimed for resulting in the head clash), but it did result in the head clash so that's also clutching at straws.

But the bump was intentional. The only ground for a challenge was to argue the severity of the impact which, given Starc went off concussed and will miss this week, would've also been unlikely.

Maybe they could've challenged the impact being body instead of head (which is where the bump was aimed for resulting in the head clash), but it did result in the head clash so that's also clutching at straws.
The whole system is stupid. You shouldn't be penalised for accidents.

Butters was never really a threat to Nick Daicos winning a Brownlow
The tracker has Cripps tied with Heeney now.

I'd love for the Bont to get it from here, he should have two already.

The tracker has Cripps tied with Heeney now.

I'd love for the Bont to get it from here, he should have two already.
I too would love Bont to get one but his team is too much like a yoyo, it'll likely be a 2nd for Cripps who's having a better season than when he actually won it.

The whole system is stupid. You shouldn't be penalised for accidents.

It's indeed stupid. Rankine was in the wrong place at the wrong time and mistimed his bump. I don't think he is a very popular player to be honest as well.

Good thing we're 15th, not 3rd on the ladder so no matter if it was 2,3 or 4 weeks it would make no difference to the outcome of the season when it comes to finals giving to the fact that I don't think we'll win another game this year. But what happens if we were 3rd on the ladder in a few years time and this happened again. It will be a disaster for sure. Remember Sloane suspended in the final round of 2016 for a mistimed spoil, cost us everything that year.

Remember Sloane suspended in the final round of 2016 for a mistimed spoil, cost us everything that year.
Can't blame Sloane's suspension for that, we completely shat the bed at home when we had a top 2 spot up for grabs, especially against a side (West Coast) who we rolled in Perth earlier that season.

No club is actually able to admit they are tanking in the media though. They have to say they are aiming for wins and even finals, when there's no genuine expectation of that.

All the decisions the club has made (long injury layoffs, playing cooked seniors for far too long) is what a team would do that's not actually interested in winning. It's not like you kept a whole bunch of young players in the WAFL either, it just so happens most of them are now exposed to AFL football. Reid and Ginbey have played tons of midfield first up, unlike our blokes here at the Crows.

It's the perfect tank and West Coast had the perfect cover for it. You've benefitted at the draft taking three midfielders inside the first 15 picks, soon to be four with a second top 4 pick. Trialled a few developing talls, found some role players and you actually have some experienced key position players still.

If you actually wanted to improve quickly and believed you had the list, you would have sacked Simpson ages ago and worn the payout cost as the richest club in the land

That’s fair enough. I think you are giving them more credit than they deserve, but we have at least make an attempt to start. Long way to go of course, will be some more time at the bottom.

Best option was to go the Hail Mary, like Brisbane did with Cameron earlier this year. Try for a "nice guy" discount, or argue that he was responding to earlier aggravation.

They were never going to succeed by attacking any of the criteria (intentional/high/severe).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best option was to go the Hail Mary, like Brisbane did with Cameron earlier this year. Try for a "nice guy" discount, or argue that he was responding to earlier aggravation.

They were never going to succeed by attacking any of the criteria (intentional/high/severe).
As if the AFL would entertain the 'nice guy' approach with Adelaide. LOL You have to be a VIC darling team to pull that off.

It's indeed stupid. Rankine was in the wrong place at the wrong time and mistimed his bump. I don't think he is a very popular player to be honest as well.

Good thing we're 15th, not 3rd on the ladder so no matter if it was 2,3 or 4 weeks it would make no difference to the outcome of the season when it comes to finals giving to the fact that I don't think we'll win another game this year. But what happens if we were 3rd on the ladder in a few years time and this happened again. It will be a disaster for sure. Remember Sloane suspended in the final round of 2016 for a mistimed spoil, cost us everything that year.
At least Rankine will be back in time to rip Port a new one, and look at the opportunity it gives to a peripheral young player to bash the door down.

I can't wait to see McHeadlesschook slot right into Rankine's place. Yippee.

He is the nice guy that got off and he plays for Brisbane.
I was thinking more along the lines of Cotchin Richmond, Maynard Collingwood, Martin Carlton as the tip of the iceberg.

The only time the AFL did the Crows any favour at the tribunal was when they downgraded MacKay...and they did that on purpose!! :D

As if the AFL would entertain the 'nice guy' approach with Adelaide. LOL You have to be a VIC darling team to pull that off.
I agree... but the odds of pulling off a "good guys" defence were still better than those of arguing that Rankine's actions were only careless.

m6svat354ibd1.jpeg

pretty ordinary front page

Remove this Banner Ad

Back