Opinion Non-Crows AFL 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Best option was to go the Hail Mary, like Brisbane did with Cameron earlier this year. Try for a "nice guy" discount, or argue that he was responding to earlier aggravation.

They were never going to succeed by attacking any of the criteria (intentional/high/severe).
I thought they were going to find all the behind the goals footage, prior to the Rankine bump, showing all the times he was bumped into off the ball. I'd then be saying he had not option but to brace himself for another bump coming his way.

m6svat354ibd1.jpeg

pretty ordinary front page

You'd think that sort of front page would only be reserved for coaches that never even get close to success, like Mark Neeld or David Noble or Matthew Nicks

Poor form for a premiership winning coach

Fill me in someone please.

Is it purported/stated Harley Reid had anything to do with the sacking?
its mainly come out of vic TBH, probably trying to manifest a return of the prodigal son

You'd think that sort of front page would only be reserved for coaches that never even get close to success, like Mark Neeld or David Noble or Matthew Nicks

Poor form for a premiership winning coach
It’s not deserved for any coach after they’ve been sacked, just disgraceful tabloid journalism

I thought they were going to find all the behind the goals footage, prior to the Rankine bump, showing all the times he was bumped into off the ball. I'd then be saying he had not option but to brace himself for another bump coming his way.
Yep that was the obvious move. Even just to highlight it to the AFL media and umpires.

It would be fine if it was Nicks.
No... it's not acceptable for ANY coach. It's absolutely disgraceful.

FWIW, Nicks has won 23 games to Simpson's 8, in the last 3 years. 23 isn't great, but we haven't been anywhere near as bad as West Coast, for anywhere near as long.

FWIW, Nicks has won 23 games to Simpson's 8, in the last 3 years. 23 isn't great, but we haven't been anywhere near as bad as West Coast, for anywhere near as long.
It would be perfectly acceptable criticism of a loser coach that never won and never will win a flag. It's only rude in this case because Simpson won a flag and is entitled to be remembered for that instead of his recent W/L record.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It would be perfectly acceptable criticism of a loser coach that never won and never will win a flag. It's only rude in this case because Simpson won a flag and is entitled to be remembered for that instead of his recent W/L record.
I'd be okay with a "thank you Nicksy".

I just want him (and others) gone.

It's bullshit...

View attachment 2044251
Great that Reid smashed the whispers with this.

Not sure how the club will see his comment about the crap he had to put up with, unless all involved realise/think he was referring to the media and had nothing to do with the club.

You could argue we’ve been much worse than West Coast for at least the last 26 years - they’ve at least played in multiple grand finals for two flags. And came at our expense in 2005 and 2006.

You could argue we’ve been much worse than West Coast for at least the last 26 years - they’ve at least played in multiple grand finals for two flags. And came at our expense in 2005 and 2006.
... none of which has anything to do with Nicks, or the disrespect shown to Simpson by The West Australian.

Pettiness at its finest after they copped a well deserved clip from Simpson in his presser yesterday (cowardly turned comments off too)

The media are a pack of useless bastards.

Reckon they need to be brought to account but the problem is they get all sooky la la when they get their whack.

Good on Simmo for calling them out.

Opinion Non-Crows AFL 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Back