Opinion Non-Crows AFL 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Why are the commentators whinging about frees?

One arm pinned on the tackle has always been a textbook tackle. If they don't attempt a kick it's a free against. It's always been that way.
BT gets upset when the Pies don't get a ride from the umpires.

Was actually a good decision to pay holding the ball. The problem is they are not consistent. It's a joke the interpretation changes week on week... let alone during a game

Last edited:
Nix mentioned it in his presser.
Surely not. That would be right up there with his dumbest moves yet.

Returning player from injury needs game time - make him sub
Sub role best suited to runners who can make an impact - make a KPF returning from injury the sub
Sub role should offer flexibility - make a KPF returning from injury who need a run and can only play ruck or forward the sub

I sincerely hope this is what he does and gets sacked Monday for being a moron

Sub role best suited to runners who can make an impact - make a KPF returning from injury the sub
Sub role should offer flexibility - make a KPF returning from injury who need a run and can only play ruck or forward the sub

Yeah, he said fans need to be patient with Thilthorpe returning from injury & we will use him in a different role... as bench warmer.

Apparently the best way of getting someone match fit is to make them sub.

Should start him & sub him off as needed.

We already know he is not the smartest coach going around... which is why we will never have success under him.

Out club are just trying to save face, when they need to be ripping off the bandaid as only delaying the inevitable.

By backing in Nix now means others need to go too as they clearly are incapable of making good key decisions.

Last edited:
The rumour is the new boss at 7 isn't a fan of BT.
With any luck, we won't have to listen to him next season.
Apparently he has been extended for 5 more years.

One arm pinned in the tackle has always been a textbook tackle. If they don't attempt a kick it's a free against. It's always been that way.

The afl changed the interpretation on this. Ive seen regularly players pinned with their hand free holding the ball and its not been called HTB. I dont know why they changed it. I guess they were afraid of too many HTB decisions. I for one think they really need to start calling it a lot more. Yes you want players to go for the ball but there is definitely room to have more decisions. It would cut down on the bull ups.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And when it buckets down and one of our smalls hurts themselves early on, what is Coach Genius’ plan B?

It’s another Curtin/Worrell situation in the making.

Makes absolutely no sense. He's been one of the worst players in the AFL this year and gets rushed back in after an injury to play out of position
Perfect for the Crows.

Can't wait to see him in a Crows jumpe....

Yeah nah. We go after Petty, I'm outa here. Out of the Crows. Out of the AFL. That will be the last straw.

One arm pinned in the tackle has always been a textbook tackle. If they don't attempt a kick it's a free against. It's always been that way.
Exactly.

It's the morning after, but I know the exact free you're talking about. Sidebottom right?

At the time I said "all day every day" and then I said " imagine them paying that free to the Crows against Collingwood that close to goal - never! "

Both quotes absolutely certain in real life.

Opinion Non-Crows AFL 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Back