Opinion Non-Crows AFL 10

Who will win a final first?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The Bedford one is the worst MRO decision I've ever seen.
Agreed. Insane.
It’s a standard perfect tackle. He did absolutely nothing wrong, so 3 weeks seems fair 🤪
Are we just going to suspend the closest player if anyone bumps their head from now on?

That's always been the biggest worry with him IMO

It's all good and easy when Port are flying, but with things getting tougher down at Alberton and things not coming quite as easy as they were that's when JHF psyche will really be tested.

It's been evident from when he was at North that there's some discipline issues there with him mentally, the tougher things get at Port and the more pressure they're under the more I think he'll be prone to these types of brain snaps.

No doubt him and Butters probably think they rule the roost.

MRO bullshit once again.

Bedford with a routine tackle on Taranto that unfortunately hits his head into the ground. 3 weeks.
Cameron with a pretty hard tackle on Duggan but a football act, concusses him, 3 weeks.

Alex Davies goes low and slams his shoulder into Jones head on purpose and takes him out, only 3 weeks!
Rosas Jnr runs past Evans and elbows him in the back of the head on purpose and only gets 1 week!?!?!?!?!?!
Cameron definitely deserves to go. He accelerated and cannon-balled him into the ground. It was deliberate.
He easily could have showed some duty of care and held him without the followthrough. If the head hits, he goes.

Bedford and Cameron are some of the worst suspensions I have ever seen. Well especially Bedford.

Maybe Cameron gets 1 week, but Bedford oh my! = 3 is terrible.

Something does not add up. I'd like to say more but you go figure. One thing I will say is they play for non VIC clubs.

Hope the Lions and Giants respond with anger over the next 3 weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bedford and Cameron are some of the worst suspensions I have ever seen. Well especially Bedford.

Maybe Cameron gets 1 week, but Bedford oh my! = 3 is terrible.

Something does not add up. I'd like to say more but you go figure. One thing I will say is they play for non VIC clubs.

Hope the Lions and Giants respond with anger over the next 3 weeks.

This is the AFL justifying the Rankine suspension and over correcting there standards as a result of head high contact.

Does anyone else think that Cameron's 3-week suspension might be Michael Christian's revenge, after Brisbane got him off using the "good guy" defence earlier in the season (for something which absolutely deserved suspension)?

...Yes, I do think Michael Christian is that petty.

Does anyone else think that Cameron's 3-week suspension might be Michael Christian's revenge, after Brisbane got him off using the "good guy" defence earlier in the season (for something which absolutely deserved suspension)?

...Yes, I do think Michael Christian is that petty.
It does very much seem like there are square ups.

We haven't fared too well since David Mackay made them look like fools

Agreed. Insane.
It’s a standard perfect tackle. He did absolutely nothing wrong, so 3 weeks seems fair 🤪
Are we just going to suspend the closest player if anyone bumps their head from now on?
I don't disagree, but I think the goal posts have been moved in regards to a 'perfect tackle'. I don't think you're allowed to pin both arms and take a player to ground anymore.

Judging by recent weeks suspensions, it looks as though anything resulting in a concussion is minimum 3 weeks now.

I didn't hear if Tom Stewart got charged with his incident. Anyone know the outcome of that one?

Potentially, after this week, Port might lose every game thereafter - Carlton (A), Swans (H), Melbourne (A), Showdown (H) and Fremantle (A).

Oh boy.
As delicious as it sounds, there's nothing surer one of these clubs loses their best two or three players just before they play Port. (Praying it's not us) It seems to be written into the laws of the game, so I reckon they'll jag one or maybe two.

They're not beating us though.

I see trouble brewing
Mate of mine (he is retired) volunteers down there at Power training and SANFL match days (he is a lifelong Magpies supporter but not real keen on the Power). He's not in the inner circle but he does tell me what he hears around the place.
There is already discontent at Alberton with regards to Butters and his attitude towards his (younger) team mates particularly the bakes he gives them on the field. Finlayson is the only one who has bitten back and it is common knowledge apparently that they cant stand each other.

Kern wont say anything because Butters cant do anything wrong in his eyes.

Mate of mine (he is retired) volunteers down there at Power training and SANFL match days (he is a lifelong Magpies supporter but not real keen on the Power). He's not in the inner circle but he does tell me what he hears around the place.
There is already discontent at Alberton with regards to Butters and his attitude towards his (younger) team mates particularly the bakes he gives them on the field. Finlayson is the only one who has bitten back and it is common knowledge apparently that they cant stand each other.

Kern wont say anything because Butters cant do anything wrong in his eyes.
That’s how it appears from outside

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Non-Crows AFL 10

Back