Opinion Non-Crows AFL 11

Remove this Banner Ad

It sounds like the AFL being just a bit too precious - I mean they aren't setting fire to dwarfs are they?

Surely if a player is fined or suspended, they will take it to court and tell the AFL to get back in their box.

Meanwhile the bartender is probably looking for a new job. Complaining like this won't have done the business any good.
Based on?

Over on the Port board

Luko trade thread, 790 posts since the thread was created on the 24th of September.

RAT trade thread, over 500 posts in a day a half

🤣🤣🤣🤣
Fair to say they are not happy. They got shafted and they know it.
I wonder if they have started to see just how manufactured everything that administration does? Will their eyes be opened enough to see the prison bars and NTUA for what they really are?

It sounds like the AFL being just a bit too precious - I mean they aren't setting fire to dwarfs are they?

Surely if a player is fined or suspended, they will take it to court and tell the AFL to get back in their box.

Meanwhile the bartender is probably looking for a new job. Complaining like this won't have done the business any good.
GWS saw no reason to hand out any sanctions, so why are the AFL? The AFL didn't step in for Geelong when they allowed Stengle to play the week after passing out in a nightclub, which is miles worse than this.

GWS saw no reason to hand out any sanctions, so why are the AFL? The AFL didn't step in for Geelong when they allowed Stengle to play the week after passing out in a nightclub, which is miles worse than this.
Exactly.
Of course Geelong can do whatever they want. They are above the law.

Marlion Pickett was allowed to play this year despite pretty serious charges hanging over his head.

AFL when something dodgy goes down at an interstate club:
ice cream fox GIF by Rosewood

AFL when something dodgy goes down at Geelong:
Not Listening Dumb And Dumber GIF

If you have been in a private room, with private guests and did nothing illegal and you were then fined and suspended from your job, would you take action against it?
I know I would.
Under what cause though? You would think if this was the case this bloke wouldn't have lost. I'm sure AFL player contracts would also have something about misconduct.

Chris Davies: " If you take Dan's situation out of this, if you ask me if this is something that should happen in future, I say absolutely not, if a player is in contract, they should be held to it."

Mate you could have done that. And you traded in 2 blokes that are under contract.

Yeah I noticed that. Laughable statement

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chris Davies: " If you take Dan's situation out of this, if you ask me if this is something that should happen in future, I say absolutely not, if a player is in contract, they should be held to it."

Mate you could have done that. And you traded in 2 blokes that are under contract.
Typical Port. Have big opinions when they don't have skin in the game, then shit themselves when they need to back them up.

He surely didn't say that.... wow.

He surely didn't say that.... wow.
That guy is such a pinhead. Between him and Hinkley it's like 2 nuffy fans running the joint.

Davies is the one at the club too that makes the players sit down before Showdown and watch propaganda videos on why they're meant to hate us. That's an actual real thing that he does.

Toby Greene fined $20k "for not showing leadership" despite not doing anything, WTF!

AND how do the AFL know about it if it was in a private room and only players were there? SOMEONE has tattled.

Toby Greene fined $20k "for not showing leadership" despite not doing anything, WTF!
I reckon it would be very difficult to find a clause relating to not showing leadership in the code of conduct.
The lawyers should definitely be incoming on this. The club and the players association should get involved.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Non-Crows AFL 11

Remove this Banner Ad

Back