Opinion Non-Crows AFL 11

Remove this Banner Ad

Big query over the Lewis/Chol combo for mine.

Lewis due to injury and Chol because he's a lazy show pony. Calsher Dear is a gun but I reckon we'll see Sicily forward a bit more.
Bringing in 2 key defenders allows them to play Sicily more up forward.

They lacked key position depth & have fixed this.

The bigger issue is opposition coaches will put more work into their game plan.

In other news, how the hell do Geelong keep bringing in elite players for **** all? Someone stand up to this ****ing club!

Agreed

WB ended up accepting massive unders for Smith.

As much as Port supporters have complained about what they got for Houston, it was a damn sight better then what Dogs got for Smith (who is a far more valuable player)

Funnily enough, I have them as a potential slider. and missing the finals. They played some scintillating football this year for sure, but they were a young side running hot. I wouldn't be surprised if they get found out a bit and take a backwards step before going forward again in 2026.

Let’s hope so 🙏😆

They have solidified the defence, but the talls up front are a concern, Chol was poor in the finals and isn’t consistent. Dear still quite raw. A lot rests on how Lewis comes back from the ACL.

The AFL smack down on GWS players just again smells of yet again another double standard by the AFL, probably combined by a complete over reaction.
Given the 2 leaders its not surprising

Trouble in paradise brewing. Ready to brush off those tarps

Ivan Soldo has implored people to stop the “the bullying and hate” towards his partner while hitting back at criticism of his absence from Port Adelaide’s club champion awards.
In a strongly-worded Instagram story, the ruckman said he was fed up with the “ridiculous narrative” around him missing the Power’s best-and-fairest earlier this month after seeking a trade to St Kilda and that the club fully supported him being best man in his best friend’s wedding the same night.

Port Adelaide great Kane Cornes questioned Soldo’s character after the Richmond premiership player did not attend, saying there were “questions whether he fits into a team environment at a football club” and he “really to look at the way he’s carried himself”.

Soldo’s trade to the Saints has since fallen through and he now has “no intentions of leaving”.

The 28-year-old took aim at Cornes on Instagram on Wednesday while defending his character.

“I’m honestly fed up with this ridiculous narrative that seems to not stop circulating. Let’s just clear some things up, the ONLY reason I didn’t attend the PAFC best and fairest was because it was on the same night as my best friends wedding, that I was the best man for. In which the club fully supported me to attend. If that reflects badly on my character then Kane our values clearly don’t align,” Soldo posted.

Soldo also hit out at comments about his partner, Chelsea Becirevic.

“The bullying and hate towards my partner also needs to stop,” he posted.

“This backwards narrative is getting old.”

Soldo wanted out. Ditto Houston.Ditto Clurey. Butters and Bergman to come.

Most decent inbound players chose us with Luko the exception but on a truly ridiculous 6 year contract on way overs after a triple premiership winning coaches first major player move was to ship Luko (and Ratkins) OUT. Very interesting to watch as could become the number one whipping boy in the whole league assuming he MAINTAINS his current AFL standard….

The tide has turned. Order has been restored with Crows now well placed to dominate Power, and compete heavily for flag with the bloody GC Academy Suns later this decade IMHO. Power are finished as a flag threat. Take it to the bank. Then JHF jumps ship over Port Road also :)

Funnily enough, I have them as a potential slider. and missing the finals. They played some scintillating football this year for sure, but they were a young side running hot. I wouldn't be surprised if they get found out a bit and take a backwards step before going forward again in 2026.
Possibly but second fave to win the flag at 8-1 (Lions 7-1j with Sportsbet currently.

Remember their scintillating footy which I think only had 3 losses (perhaps 4) in the last 14 ish games were all a goal or so only. Add in their returning best player in Day and best forward in Lewis and natural development of many youngsters AND a great coach, means it’s very hard to see them missing finals IMO

Agreed

WB ended up accepting massive unders for Smith.

As much as Port supporters have complained about what they got for Houston, it was a damn sight better then what Dogs got for Smith (who is a far more valuable player)
Geelong always get players at discounted prices. It's a key to their sustained success.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong always get players at discounted prices. It's a key to their sustained success.

Not always

From memory didn't they pay 3 firsts for Jeremy Cameron?

It is the case high they nearly always seem to find themselves on the right side of the ledger with trades.

This is where the AFL just cannot help themselves, did the AFLW player who refused to wear a pride top get any suspension?
Why would they get a suspension for that?
People are allowed to have beliefs.
If they came out and slagged off gay people that’s different, but surely we aren’t wanting a world where things such aa this are forced on people?
Completely different to the GWS situation anyway.

Not always

From memory didn't they pay 3 firsts for Jeremy Cameron?

It is the case high they nearly always seem to find themselves on the right side of the ledger with trades.
It's because they generally

1. Get players to nominate them
2. Only have picks in the teens because they finish in the finals
3. Players are out of contract so not much leverage for the original team.

If Geelong finished 12th and had pick 6, they probably would've handed that over (ala us with Rankine). They didn't, so they didn't.

It's a double edged sword for clubs down the bottom... Trading in good players means trading away your high draft picks too because that's all you have.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Non-Crows AFL 11

Remove this Banner Ad

Back