Opinion Non-Crows AFL 11

Remove this Banner Ad

Andrew Mackie already suggesting land for Smith 😡

Why would they get a suspension for that?
People are allowed to have beliefs.
If they came out and slagged off gay people that’s different, but surely we aren’t wanting a world where things such aa this are forced on people?
Completely different to the GWS situation anyway.

Yeah fair enough I'll retract that, point I was trying to make is the AFL loves to pick and choose when it wants to be the moral police or not.

It's because they generally

1. Get players to nominate them
2. Only have picks in the teens because they finish in the finals
3. Players are out of contract so not much leverage for the original team.

If Geelong finished 12th and had pick 6, they probably would've handed that over (ala us with Rankine). They didn't, so they didn't.

It's a double edged sword for clubs down the bottom... Trading in good players means trading away your high draft picks too because that's all you have.
Yeah, but Geelong had two first rounders just before trading for Dangerfield. They simply traded that out for a player then said take the scraps or nothing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

... and then you realised that even if he's trolling Port, he's still a Collingwood player?
Yeah, but do we really care about Collingwood more than any other Vic club? I don't buy into the whole VFL "most hated" club self-promotion rubbish, that's a Victorian thing. I hate Collingwood no more than Essendon or Richmond.

He is an opposition player, who has turned his back on our biggest rival, and is happily baiting them upon departure. He is now almost one of our own.

... and then you realised that even if he's trolling Port, he's still a Collingwood player?
Personally I have no beef with Collingwood for the most part. Even before Port I always hated Geelong and Hawthorn more.

Still a dog though.

Agreed

WB ended up accepting massive unders for Smith.

As much as Port supporters have complained about what they got for Houston, it was a damn sight better then what Dogs got for Smith (who is a far more valuable player)
Not necessarily though.
Smith is coming off a knee reco and his form wasn't good before the injury.
I still think they paid unders because Beveridge messed around with his form a bit but I think they were quite comparable

So Marlion Pickett was allowed to play with criminal charges hanging over his head, de Goey was allowed despite assault charges, Stengle got so inebriated he passed out and was cleared to play the next week.

Furthermore, Greene gets fined for "lack of leadership" yet Riewoldt copped a slap on the wrist for the dwarf burning.

You can't tell me that the league favours Victorian clubs. Anyone who thinks #VICBIAS doesn't exist is completely deluded.

I bet the people around the Western Bulldogs would be wrapped to hear Bailey Smith wanted to go to Geelong to surround himself with much better quality people than the low life scum campaigners he’s had to endure at Whitten Oval.

So Marlion Pickett was allowed to play with criminal charges hanging over his head, de Goey was allowed despite assault charges, Stengle got so inebriated he passed out and was cleared to play the next week.

Furthermore, Greene gets fined for "lack of leadership" yet Riewoldt copped a slap on the wrist for the dwarf burning.

You can't tell me that the league favours Victorian clubs. Anyone who thinks #VICBIAS doesn't exist is completely deluded.
You can spin it by saying "innocent until proven otherwise" on the first 2 and that Stengle didn't harm anyone but himself.

But I agree, it's huge double standards.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Non-Crows AFL 11

Remove this Banner Ad

Back