Opinion Non-Crows AFL 11

Remove this Banner Ad

So Marlion Pickett was allowed to play with criminal charges hanging over his head, de Goey was allowed despite assault charges, Stengle got so inebriated he passed out and was cleared to play the next week.

Furthermore, Greene gets fined for "lack of leadership" yet Riewoldt copped a slap on the wrist for the dwarf burning.

You can't tell me that the league favours Victorian clubs. Anyone who thinks #VICBIAS doesn't exist is completely deluded.
I agree with the AFLPA that the AFL need to put in writing some rules about sanctions for particular poor activities... which are then applied to future incidents.

At the moment, the AFL penalise depending on the direction the wind is blowing... & the club/player involved.

I bet the people around the Western Bulldogs would be wrapped to hear Bailey Smith wanted to go to Geelong to surround himself with much better quality people than the low life scum campaigners he’s had to endure at Whitten Oval.
In his words... "a more relaxed lifestyle".

He's seen how the Cats treat Stengle.

Skunk rat?
Will Forte Fml GIF by The Lonely Island

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Davies saying that Port decided to take the “long view” with Houston and get draft picks to help them build for the future.

But they had a double AA player contracted for years. One of the best in the league. And I thought they were keeping Ken because they feel they’re close to a flag next year. Which is the short term, not long term.

How they gonna do that if they give away one of their best players for draft picks?

Sorry Chris but Rat ain’t the answer…

Davies saying that Port decided to take the “long view” with Houston and get draft picks to help them build for the future.

But they had a double AA player contracted for years. One of the best in the league. And I thought they were keeping Ken because they feel they’re close to a flag next year. Which is the short term, not long term.

How they gonna do that if they give away one of their best players for draft picks?

Best bit was when they knocked back the deal as it was not good enough, GC threatened to trade pick 13 separately and Port ran back and grabbed the deal while it was still there. But I thought they were only letting Houston leave for a very good deal or he was happy to stay at Port...liar

You don't willingly trade out gun players unless you are going full rebuild like Richmond.

If you have been in a private room, with private guests and did nothing illegal and you were then fined and suspended from your job, would you take action against it?
I know I would.
Nothing illegal but apparently contradicted the league guidelines that you’re bound by. Essentially extra terms of your employment - how you’re expected to behave when you’re earning megabucks for chasing a ball around.

They’d be struggling to challenge imo

You don't willingly trade out gun players unless you are going full rebuild like Richmond.
Within a year or so Houston has gone:
  • signs for 5 years
  • suspected of wanting out
  • says he definitely wants to stay
  • nope he wants to go
  • if he’s going we want two first rounders
  • or maybe one and a bag of chips
  • because we’re looking long term, not the immediate flag that is the only way Kenny keeps his job

Things are not well at Alberton

If you have been in a private room, with private guests and did nothing illegal and you were then fined and suspended from your job, would you take action against it?
I know I would.

except these guys did this at a work function

no different than the stupid shit people sometimes get caught up with at office xmas parties

Yeah, when they have just made a few prelims, you want to add to the list, not give away one of your best players and a real weapon off half back....ugly stuff
So what is Port's best side next year?

B: BZT, Aliir Aliir, Bergman
HB: Farrell, Ratugolea, Evans
C: Burgoyne, Wines, Boak
HF: Lukosius, Finlayson, Rozee
F: Rioli, Georgiades, SPP
R: Street, JHF, Butters
I: Sinn, Drew, Mead, Richards
Sub: Burton
E: Visintini, Jones, McEntee

Honestly think we have a better balanced side, particularly our spine & defence.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Non-Crows AFL 11

Remove this Banner Ad

Back