News Non-Crows AFLW 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Port outscore North 1.0 to 0.1 in the second half. Didn't anticipate that given the dominance in the first half.

They're a different side when things get slippery.

Tried to play dry weather football, wasn't good.

Gold Coast have the best player in the competition, and are woeful
Drop off of Gold Coast this season is one of the most disappointing aspects of the whole season so far, they seemed primed with one of the best midfields and a handy forward line, the loss of experience with letting go of the likes of Drennan and Ahrens leaving has just destroyed all that momentum they built really quick.

Comp has expanded too quickly, the depth in some sides is alarmingly bad
I’m of the minority that actually believes the depth is actually not too bad, the amount of players performing in state leagues and the participation around the country shows that for mine.

The problem I believe lies directly with AFLW’s clubs preparation for the season or total lack there of, that and a total lack of experienced coaching is ruining certain teams, also would not rule out some teams cutting too deep & not valuing some experienced bodies on their list has actually seen adverse effects despite the new draftees coming through having far better pathways and possessing a far better skill set.

What is currently happening with this stage of growing pains in the league is those who have the ability to really play the game at the highest level are now even separating from those who are quite good but perhaps don’t possess the ability to fully process all the aspects required to keep up and compete in a professional sporting league. That’s not only on a skill level but also with footy IQ & stuff like body positioning, endurance, strength ect.

I’m of the minority that actually believes the depth is actually not too bad, the amount of players performing in state leagues and the participation around the country shows that for mine.

The problem I believe lies directly with AFLW’s clubs preparation for the season or total lack there of, that and a total lack of experienced coaching is ruining certain teams, also would not rule out some teams cutting too deep & not valuing some experienced bodies on their list has actually seen adverse effects despite the new draftees coming through having far better pathways and possessing a far better skill set.

What is currently happening with this stage of growing pains in the league is those who have the ability to really play the game at the highest level are now even separating from those who are quite good but perhaps don’t possess the ability to fully process all the aspects required to keep up and compete in a professional sporting league. That’s not only on a skill level but also with footy IQ & stuff like body positioning, endurance, strength ect.
Having been involved in women's footy at a reasonable level I reckon it's equal parts both for sure

Freo what a kick after the siren. Perfect. Horrible strip clash.
Melbourne thinking that shade of blue and red doesn’t still clash with purple again another top notch decision.

Freo came back to take another game, little doubtful that last holding the ball free was an actual tackle, agree was a good finish though

Melbourne thinking that shade of blue and red doesn’t still clash with purple again another top notch decision.

Freo came back to take another game, little doubtful that last holding the ball free was an actual tackle, agree was a good finish though
Agreed but these days an actual tackle is often not required. Should be play on.

It wasn't a tackle. The original tackle where I think McCarthy had hold of Hore's arm would be considered a tackle, but Hore broke free and as she went to drop the ball on her foot, she missed and at the same time Hayley Miller had placed her arm on Hore's arm. Technically wasn't a tackle and shouldn't have been a free kick.

In saying that, Hore kicked it out on the full giving Freo possession back with less than a minute. Then to get in that position was just disappointing. I'm glad I'm not a Melbourne fan because she's supposed to be their best player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

News Non-Crows AFLW 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back