MFC Fans Only Non-Demons AFL Discussion – 2024: This year stinks

Remove this Banner Ad

I dont think its even a question that Brisbane and Hawthorn will finish above us. Adelaide have a better % than us, if they could actually win a few tight games they could although Id say its unlikely.. Gold Coast could fall apart, basically the only team above us that MIGHT be worse, Essendon being a game and a half ahead seems safe but they are a bit like the reverse of Adelaide, unlikely they finish below us but they could. Finishing 12th - 13th is far more likely than making finals I reckon. To which I say good.

I dont think its even a question that Brisbane and Hawthorn will finish above us. Adelaide have a better % than us, if they could actually win a few tight games they could although Id say its unlikely.. Gold Coast could fall apart, basically the only team above us that MIGHT be worse, Essendon being a game and a half ahead seems safe but they are a bit like the reverse of Adelaide, unlikely they finish below us but they could. Finishing 12th - 13th is far more likely than making finals I reckon. To which I say good.
12th is honestly the worst spot to be. Won't get us a top pick and we don't play finals. Gotta either tank the season and go bottom 4 or aim for finals. That 9th to 13th is a wasteland.

From what I've seen this draft looks better than last years though Crusty Demon , picking 6th or 7th isn't too bad.
Fair enough mate. I'll have to start looking at this years U18s.

My point was, that Saints, Crows and Bombers(now under a decent coach looks ok) have struggled mid table for years. I can see us being stuck there with enough talent to not bottom out but not not enough to contend.

Fair enough mate. I'll have to start looking at this years U18s.

My point was, that Saints, Crows and Bombers(now under a decent coach looks ok) have struggled mid table for years. I can see us being stuck there with enough talent to not bottom out but not not enough to contend.
I absolutely agree that we should bottom out and try to lose them all, but that isnt Goody. Far more likely we push to cling on to relevance and finish in the wasteland. Hopefully the playing group has given up and it takes care of itself like 2019

I tell you what's been good from Norf that hasn't been picked up on the broadcast. First options, norf as instinctively taking the first option. They look up and see a kick while under pressure and just go for it and hit it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know that footy doesn’t really work that way but the subsequent form of teams who have bitch slapped us of late is suggesting that we are a soft kill.
:eyes:

Disappointing end to the term. But if Norf can play like that for the second quarter, they could build a handy lead although you'd think the pies would respond

Why would Clarko want to come here having said that, we are more in the market for the next Adem Yze, some assistant who has been passed over continuously.

Why would Clarko want to come here having said that, we are more in the market for the next Adem Yze, some assistant who has been passed over continuously.
Doesn't really matter. Goodwin won't get sacked unless Adelaide poach him. Club will treat this year as a mulligan with all the injuries and other issues.

Remove this Banner Ad

MFC Fans Only Non-Demons AFL Discussion – 2024: This year stinks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back