MFC Fans Only Non-Demons AFL Discussion – 2024: This year stinks

Remove this Banner Ad

8/10 years you get someone running with the 'best team since 2000 Essendon'

Only teams that came close was Geelong in 08 and Saints in 09 and both choked at the end.

Geelong in 2007 stiff too - lost four games but percentage of 152 and won 2/3 finals by over 100pt.

Sydney aren't even the best team since 2021 Melbourne lol

Geelong in 2007 stiff too - lost four games but percentage of 152 and won 2/3 finals by over 100pt.

Sydney aren't even the best team since 2021 Melbourne lol
3 of the losses came in the first five rounds and didn't lose again until round 21. They definitely were close to essendon once they got their season going. Also won the grand final by 20 goals.

I think Sydney still should make the Grand Final, their slump seems a bit like our mid 21 one.

Their starts are a real issue however. It's a long road back if give opposition that momentum at the start in a final or grand final

Man the pies have really dropped off this year. Not writing them off at all but with a tough run home it’s going to be interesting.
Tbh their decline was underway late last year. They did well to hang on and scrap out the flag. First half of 23 they were blowing other teams away. They’re still plucky and better coached than us but I don’t know if their current core group has another flag in them.

Pies are putting out some terrible teams on paper at the moment and that belief they had in 2022/23 is fading pretty fast.

Daicos will carry them to a few more wins but the big one is Moore's terrible form. He used to completely control the air, now his timing is off and he often finds himself in no man's land/not marking or killing the ball.

Mihocek out for the season is a cruel blow for them. Basically the perfect hard working, honest tall to help out their smalls. They might have to roll out a forward line with Frampton and Kreuger as the talls lol.

Collingwood are just old and lucked out getting some elite kids through F/S to give their current group one last crack at it last year. They'll probably have a couple of down years, draft and trade really well and be back once the Daicos bros are in their prime.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m wondering if A11dAtP0w3R , Headless or Bluelegs can tell me when AFL.COM.AU started getting Caroline Wilson to voiceover ‘The 10’?
I think they did it around round 4 or 5 with no mention as to why

It's been collectively hated by fans

the 10 is a simple premise of just chucking 10 highlights together doesn't require a voice over

Simpson sacked by West Coast. We've regressed so much that losing to us is now a coach-killer :sweatsmile:
If you allow us to score 100 points fair enough too. Completely unacceptable.

Remove this Banner Ad

MFC Fans Only Non-Demons AFL Discussion – 2024: This year stinks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back