MFC Fans Only Non-Demons AFL Discussion – 2024-This year stinks

Remove this Banner Ad

What does it say about Clarkson with the direction North and the Hawks have gone since he left?
He must be feeling pretty shit right now.

It’s all up to him though. Young inexperienced team but so are the Hawks, and North have some very good young players. He has to get it improving next year or pack it in really.

GWS my guys, but I wouldn’t mind a Hawks flag. What a story!

He must be feeling pretty shit right now.

It’s all up to him though. Young inexperienced team but so are the Hawks, and North have some very good young players. He has to get it improving next year or pack it in really.

GWS my guys, but I wouldn’t mind a Hawks flag. What a story!
He's obviously not been there the whole time but North have some very strong talent and I reckon most people had North's future as brighter at the start of the year.

Pretty remarkable both sides essentially started their rebuilds at the same time and North still can't win more than 3 games.

You misheard. They haven't won a final in 9 years. They went out in straight sets in 2016 and 18, you might know who beat them in the 2018 semi
Yep I think channel 7 said they haven't played finals for 6 years and then later on said they had not won a final since 2015. So essentially it's their first finals win since winning the premiership 🏆. Going out in straight sets is fine if it's after 4 grand final appearances and three premierships in a row, unlike our loser club.

Yep I think channel 7 said they haven't played finals for 6 years and then later on said they had not won a final since 2015. So essentially it's their first finals win since winning the premiership 🏆. Going out in straight sets is fine if it's after 4 grand final appearances and three premierships in a row, unlike our loser club.
They also finished top 4 every year except 2017 from 2011-2018 and made 4 GFs lol

I forgot about 2011, yes they just missed the grand final because of Luke Ball winner.
Yep and 2016 they missed a prelim by Isaac Smith missing a kick after the siren and then probably make another GF. Lol how funny comparing our bunch of shit players to the talent they had.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I forgot about 2011, yes they just missed the grand final because of Luke Ball winner.
Oh yeah 2011, i really thought when Buddy kicked that goal they where gonna make it

Oh yeah 2011, i really thought when Buddy kicked that goal they where gonna make it
Yep was an epic final, probably up there with one of the greatest. My number one is the 97 preliminary final. Anyway I remember 2011 because that night we had footy presentation. I still remember one of my team mates having 1000 on Collingwood to win. He acted cool, but deep inside he'd be shitting bricks after that buddy goal. Also after the buddy goal most of guys watching started chanting 'haaaaawwwwthorrrrrn'. I still remember one of the Collingwood supporters after the game opening his arms out saying never in doubt. All around a great night.

Perhaps I'm biased as I've known him since he was a toddler, but shit Calsher Dear looks good for a wiry first-year KPF. Great to see
Said it a few weeks ago hes the best KPF out of this year draft. Think hes going to be very good cause his natural instinct is to fly for the ball and he knows how to time his leads, its amazing how many KPFs cant do this. Once he puts on some weight he will be such a well rounded player. Id rather Dear than JUH who is a massive gager on the big stage, bloke vanishes.

Feels like such a wasted year for the Dogs, but I suppose thats been them all season long, their best as good as anyones but their worst is bottom 6. Hawks had the higher floor and were probably the safer pick going into this game in hindsight.

Feels like such a wasted year for the Dogs, but I suppose thats been them all season long, their best as good as anyones but their worst is bottom 6. Hawks had the higher floor and were probably the safer pick going into this game in hindsight.
I went to the Bulldogs vs Adelaide elimination final in 2015, cracking game but Adelaide got up in a thriller. Bulldogs were an up coming team and it felt a wasted opportunity for them. Adelaide got pumped the next week against hawthorn. In retrospect I think a hawthorn vs Bulldogs semi could have been much more interesting. Hawthorn kind of reminds me of the Bulldogs of 2015, probably more of a wasted season if the Hawks lost.

Remove this Banner Ad

MFC Fans Only Non-Demons AFL Discussion – 2024-This year stinks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back