Oppo Camp Non Eagles AFL discussion thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Viney is a wannabe tough guy. Hope he spends the rest of his career with Clayton Oliver in cellar-dwelling Melbourne side.
I don't know about you but I certainly wouldn't want to be on the end of a Viney bump. He's a bull.

A front in head butt is always intentional, they’d be stupid to attack that part of it. Insufficient force would be what I’d challenge there.

If there’s any justice in the world, Gov will get off while Walters doesn’t just for the ensuing melts. They don’t need him to beat Carlton anyway, give him a week’s rest before their GF.
Headbutts are just one of those things that you shouldn't have to be told not to do. You just don't do it.

Even the lightest headbutt is a straight red in soccer, some things get punished for their sheer stupidity

2d8e6b0663e8e3124af9997bfa6d9236.gif

Headbutts are just one of those things that you shouldn't have to be told not to do. You just don't do it.

Even the lightest headbutt is a straight red in soccer, some things get punished for their sheer stupidity

View attachment 697844
Yep like Zidane's headbutt in 2006. Other guy milked the shit out of it but what in earth was Zidane doing

Viney is a wannabe tough guy. Hope he spends the rest of his career with Clayton Oliver in cellar-dwelling Melbourne side.
Nothing wannabe about Jack Viney - tough as nails. Gotta give credit where credit's due.
Would love him here if he could stay on the park.

Nothing wannabe about Jack Viney - tough as nails. Gotta give credit where credit's due.
Would love him here if he could stay on the park.
Easy to be a hard man when you can attack every contest with impunity from the mro perspective.

I can only imagine the suspension one of ours would cop if they knocked someone out like he did to Hurn.

Thought it was a little harsh given it didn't do much damage, but you never know with how the MRP think
EDIT: ok just read the grading, Intentional with low impact and high contact

Freo's only chance is to get the Intentional part downgraded

If Ablett and Fyf's elbows were insufficient force - no idea how Walter's headbutt could be sufficient.

MRP is becoming farcical - and truthfully - it's not all Christian's doing - it's the system where intent and outcome are heavily skewed in the wrong ways

I have zero issue with a headbutt getting a week - it's not a footballing action. But someone like Durdin getting 2 weeks for a footballing action. It's just not cricket.

If Ablett and Fyf's elbows were insufficient force - no idea how Walter's headbutt could be sufficient.

MRP is becoming farcical - and truthfully - it's not all Christian's doing - it's the system where intent and outcome are heavily skewed in the wrong ways

I have zero issue with a headbutt getting a week - it's not a footballing action. But someone like Durdin getting 2 weeks for a footballing action. It's just not cricket.
I’m increasingly convinced that Steve Hocking tells Christian what penalty AFL house wants and he then juggles the gradings to achieve the intended result. There’s no consistency and when you line up different actions side by side the penalties seem out of whack primarily because the result (injury) is given far greater significance than the action itself

Don’t believe me? Then why does Christian always say we and our instead of I and mine when discussing decisions

#tinfoilhat

On AFL 360 I didn't mind Hinkley's comments on Ryder and Lycett.

Basically said to Lycett: "we dropped Ryder for poor porformance, If you don't perform you are next."

Have to respect straight shooting like that.
I always believed that Lycett was better suited to playing as the lone ruckman/Main ruckmen. He was never going gonna get that opprotunity at the Eagles with NN and how we like to use two ruckman.

He's only opportunity to ruck alone came in 2015 and he was carrying a significant injury (think he might have missed the season after the game) and he totally thrived under those conditions. If he stays fit , then he'll probably turn him self into a very good ruckmen for Port (probably a tier under Gawn, Grundy).

I’m increasingly convinced that Steve Hocking tells Christian what penalty AFL house wants and he then juggles the gradings to achieve the intended result. There’s no consistency and when you line up different actions side by side the penalties seem out of whack primarily because the result (injury) is given far greater significance than the action itself

Don’t believe me? Then why does Christian always say we and our instead of I and mine when discussing decisions

#tinfoilhat

It's also exactly how the AFL operates - no transparency, no real process, top-down decision-making and a scapegoat for when they inevitably **** up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

why are freo going to the tribunal for such a dog act considering the level of squealing about Gaff
according to the filths own logic defending such a low act is unacceptable

why are freo going to the tribunal for such a dog act considering the level of squealing about Gaff
according to the filths own logic defending such a low act is unacceptable

Apparently it wasn’t a headbutt

Apparently

They didn't need him for the Carlton game anyway and they should probably suspend/fine him more for the diving but the reality is that it's all about outcome now. You can clip a guy in the head as long as they don't suffer adverse effects. No surprise it was overturned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back