Oppo Camp Non Eagles AFL discussion thread III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone is interested, David Grace QC is giving a seminar on the criminal implications of the on-field actions of sportspeople.
21 August at the new facilities at Lathlain (a good opportunity to have a look around!) and only $20 for the pleasure.

For the lawyers among us, it counts as 1 CPD point :thumbsu:

Is it a bit odd the Eagles would allow this? I assume he'll be bitching about Gaff the entire time.

Giants were woeful tonight. Two ruck strategy (especially with those two) was a mistake in that weather. How shite was Mummy though? I get he's old and can't jump over a jam tin with those dodgy knees but, FMD don't think I've ever seen a 120kg, experienced ruck get pushed under the ball that many times. He gave them absolutely nothing.

On CPH1707 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Is it a bit odd the Eagles would allow this? I assume he'll be bitching about Gaff the entire time.

That's Tom Percy.

David Grace has frequently appeared for us at tribunal hearings.

gonna attract a lot of hate and im ready for it....I reckon that Ryan mark against Carlton has been massively overrated. I get the the courage and degree of difficulty... but its not even in the same postcode as his mark over Gawn imo

I get what you're saying. It's not as spectacular as his mark over Gawn. But the courage to throw himself into that situation is immeasurable.

Listen to the recent Footyology podcast, you'll hear Mark Fine explain why. When we recall those kinds of marks, we think of ones made by Nick Riewoldt or Jonathan Brown. These are centre half forwards and the ball was meant for them to mark. No less brave, but it was theirs and they went for it knowing the danger.

For Liam Ryan to do it, when in those situations, it is the responsibility of the big marking forward (in this instance, Darling), and a player like Ryan is almost always front and centre, waiting for the crumb, it magnifies the courage to go for that kind of mark.

We remember the pull out in the 3rd of the GF. On face value, you think, "Ok, it's a **** up, he was trying to go for the mark while also trying to avoid the full brunt of contact". To us mere mortals, it's natural instinct to brace yourself and to try and avoid contact. But we expect it from footballers to put their personal safety on the line. He pulled out but redeemed himself in the last as a grand final hero.

And this mark totally answers any questions anyone would have of the lad. He's playing for this team. It's great to be spectacular and take a high flying mark (and I loved his mark over Gawn, especially that he delivered to Kennedy and then ran 60+ metres to circle around and leap over Gawn). It was an amazing mark and a pinnacle of our game.

But the mark last weekend just cannot be undermined with the courage it took to just launch into the unknown when most others in the comp of his size and role would let the bigger bodies go for it and just wait for the crumbs. That we have a guy like Ryan, who will do this (and will also play the crumber as well) is invaluable.

You should absolutely rate his mark as right up there.

I was going to use 2 different slang words for vagina to summarise Percy & Grace respectively, one to try to encapsulate one guy's nastiness, and the other to convey my opinion of the other guy as bit of a pushover, but I decided it would be unwise.

I was going to use 2 different slang words for vagina to summarise Percy & Grace respectively, one to try to encapsulate one guy's nastiness, and the other to convey my opinion of the other guy as bit of a pushover, but I decided it would be unwise.
They need to wash the sand out of their vaginas.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ballsy move.
Didn't want to be sacked.
He’s all blown out.
The crowd will be in ruptures for his last game
He's knackered!
It was testiclement to him that he got so much out of his body
Cum on guys. The bloke just retired.

I get the context and tbh, I don't think there's been a bigger Liam Ryan backer on here than me over the last few years (check the 2017 draft thread)

But put the Gawn mark and last weeks side by side and its no contest in my opinion

Tend to agree. The Gawn mark sparked that win. Scary to think we might have dropped that home game against Melbourne.

Carlton have much more of a chance than Gold Coast.

And personally the lulz will be much higher for a Richmond loss than a Brisbane loss. However, both should surely get the job done...surely.
Been that sort of year. Let’s go the upsets!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back