Oppo Camp Non Eagles Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Giants have had 2 best key backs , only good ruck and one of their best mids ( coniglio ) out to injury in game and commentators say pies have to be a premiership chance off the back of this win against GWS .
Flog vic commentators .

TBH I'm amazed Cloke only kicked 5.
Several times he was up against Buntine in the contest.
I mean that kids like a shorter version of our Schofield.

Surprising collingwood are being talked up without reference to their draw.

GWS are the first top 8 side they've beaten and their other 7 wins have been against sides currently 12th-18th on the ladder. They've lost to Adelaide, Richmond and Geelong so prior to today hadn't played a team higher than 7th.

Our draw has been almost as easy so quite rightly people remain cautious about our start as we've avoided most of the better teams yet Collingwood are a premiership threat

Surprising collingwood are being talked up without reference to their draw.

GWS are the first top 8 side they've beaten and their other 7 wins have been against sides currently 12th-18th on the ladder. They've lost to Adelaide, Richmond and Geelong so prior to today hadn't played a team higher than 7th.

Our draw has been almost as easy so quite rightly people remain cautious about our start as we've avoided most of the better teams yet Collingwood are a premiership threat

Hideously overrated. Hope we flog them.

The AFL website has them under the headline 'The Real Deal' whilst we always have to beat next weeks team

Yup, noticed that too. This is Collingwood who got flogged by Geelong... have we forgotten that?

You know that other team WCE, kind of eviscerated GWS and Geelong.

Makes it sweeter though, just hope we beat Collingwood.

Epic final minute in the Saints v Demons game. Poor Melbourne.

Yep, i was so happy for them, and for the little boy that was praying so hard, with 45 seconds to go, the game was won. Poor, poor Melbourne.
You would think that for 40 seconds, they could have blocked it up.

Master coach Roos only threw one extra man behind the ball after Howes goal. After the Saints goal Richardson threw just about everyone back.
I reckon that is more than likely a reflection of the players and poor onfield leadership. Runner wouldn't have enough time to get the message out, so it's up to the players to know what to do in that sort of situation

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's common sense. If you have any idea you'd be getting players behind the ball. You would think AFL level players would know this, but no, obviously not. They were slow to react and it bit them in the backside. We used to do it in juniors for god sake.

I cant believe its not something the bench would have all the time. Have a bloody countdown clock in the dugout so everyone is on it and anyone can get the message straight out. This is meant to be a professional sport and still so much room for improvement. And no time to get msg out? Even a phone call isnt hard, you get 30 seconds after a goal.

Yup, noticed that too. This is Collingwood who got flogged by Geelong... have we forgotten that?

You know that other team WCE, kind of eviscerated GWS and Geelong.

Makes it sweeter though, just hope we beat Collingwood.

I reckon we might get them this time, only thing is, it's at Etihad. So if we win, everyone will still say, "oh it's not the same as beating them at the G, which they haven't done since 95" It seems like every win we've had this year has been against teams that others see as being weak or somehow disadvantaged, yet the next week when they go back and beat a good team, our win still has no merit:confused:

Oh well, f**k em, we know we are doing alright when everyone hates us again, and calls us flat trackers. Our average losing margin is 17points, and winning is 59 points. So yes we are beating sides we should, but we are also flogging the shit out them, and having a better spread of goal kickers than we've had in many years.

I cant believe its not something the bench would have all the time. Have a bloody countdown clock in the dugout so everyone is on it and anyone can get the message straight out. This is meant to be a professional sport and still so much room for improvement. And no time to get msg out? Even a phone call isnt hard, you get 30 seconds after a goal.

How hard would it be to have the entire bench yell out the time left? It gets done in ammos

I recall in 2011 Cox was on the boundary and Lynch took a mark against Carlton - I asked him how much time left and he signalled 7 seconds.

The blokes on the boundary knew - they should have been waving like crazy - not to mention the blokes running on the field being interchanged should have let their teammates know

Mummy out for the season at GWS with ankle surgery, that might just ruin them for the rest of the year, I had them finishing between 6-8th, but without him, I reckon they'll drop a few more games.

Wow massive blow for them, they were expecting him to be ok for this week as well.

On the plus side my punt on Andrew Phillips as 4th ruck in DT may finally pay off!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back