Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve only got around to watching one talent league game from the weekend so far and with the Ashes on and World Cup tonight won’t be anymore untill mid week.

Just a quick summary on games played though over the weekend.

The 2006 born midfield class is really starting to stand out and while I’m not a big believer in next years draft is always better it could be the case though that next years midfield class is way better.

2006 born (2024 draft)

Harvey Langford
kicked 3 goals and 26 disposals

J Nguyen had 35 disposals

Damon Hollow 34 disposals

Zac Johnson 29 disposals

Xavier Lindsay 29 disposals

C Moraes 43 disposals kicked 1 goal

Levi Ashcroft 36 disposals

Meanwhile the 2023 draft class standout performances from a Stats base were.

George Stevens 36 disposal 1 goal

Logan Morris kicked 3.2 goals

Connor Byrne kicked 5.3 goals (sm Fwd)

Darcy Wilson had 29 touches

C O’Sullivan 24 disposal

Isaac Tanzimat kicked 5.4 goals

Riley Weatherill kicked 4.3 goals

Zane Duursma had 24 disposals 2 goals

Archer Reid 19 disposals 4.1 goals

Billy Wilson had 27 disposals
hopefully we prioritise mids in both upcoming drafts. Really flush out the trash we have currently. Develop Culley as a HFF. Ginbey can rotate HBF and onball like Hodge did.

Hard to believe nothing has come of this.

Hadn’t really watched it before

I think Miller is getting a fair benefit of the doubt here that wouldn’t be reciprocated if it was the other way round

Initial thought was it was accidental but given where it is, Miller hangs on for a while longer than you’d think if it was an accident. The grip does linger

Miller is a tad fortunate not be charged

Hadn’t really watched it before

I think Miller is getting a fair benefit of the doubt here that wouldn’t be reciprocated if it was the other way round

Initial thought was it was accidental but given where it is, Miller hangs on for a while longer than you’d think if it was an accident. The grip does linger

Miller is a tad fortunate not be charged
At the very least you'd think it would have to be investigated once it was brought to the umpires attention.

I'm staggered really.

Sadder at this news than I thought I’d be

Shame that injury has robbed him of a proper farewell game

One of the greatest ever and football will be poorer for his absence

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Welp both Aliir Aliir and Jones are in concussion protocols and the AFL have asked WTF.

In the current climate with impending litigations I'd expect the doctor will lose his job, and I'd be calling for Hinkley's as well. You can't convince me he didn't play a role in Aliir going back on. Port have history here.

Good thing Willie has gone to a club that really has a supportive environment for its players. EAD.

Welp both Aliir Aliir and Jones are in concussion protocols and the AFL have asked WTF.

Has to be a big fine incoming for Port, especially since they are now a repeat offender when it comes to concussions. Maybe more than just a fine

This is a significant mistake that could easily be argued was made deliberately as it was clear to anyone who saw the collision both men were in serious trouble

AFL needs to set a high benchmark here to ensure clubs know not to downplay concussions

In the current climate with impending litigations I'd expect the doctor will lose his job, and I'd be calling for Hinkley's as well. You can't convince me he didn't play a role in Aliir going back on. Port have history here.

Good thing Willie has gone to a club that really has a supportive environment for its players. EAD.
AFL club doctors are glorified GP's with massive egos. I know a few who have proposed signifcant improvements that have been dismissed out of hand.

All Port will get is a fine. I don't get the whole 'take premiership points off them' angle

Shhhh we get their second and third round pick this year, just go with it

All Port will get is a fine. I don't get the whole 'take premiership points off them' angle
I wouldn’t rule out the port doctor being sanctioned given the responsibility lies primarily with him

The AFL should also be reviewing footage of the bench to see what discussions, if any, there were between Hinkley and the doctor. They need to be totally satisfied that there was no pressure from Hinkley to avoid doing a test

Sadder at this news than I thought I’d be

Shame that injury has robbed him of a proper farewell game

One of the greatest ever and football will be poorer for his absence
Greatest individual performance that I have witnessed live was the first ever game at Optus where he kicked 8. He owned that ground that night.

Like Judd and Nic was such a such a huge and mesmerising presence on the field, just don't get it on TV like the live experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back