Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ground breaking stuff
“Wear your black and white clothes to the Coles, to the supermarket, wherever you go.”

The three places you can go in life are:

The Coles
The supermarket
Other places

Huge if true.

Ground breaking stuff
A quick look at the dates of their premiership wins shows that 11 were won before WW2 started! I have no issue with clubs honouring their past, but to claim that VFL flags have any relevancy to AFL era is ludicrous.

Last edited:
I quick look at the dates of their premiership wins shows that 11 were won before WW2 started! I have no issue with clubs honouring their past, but to claim that VFL flags have any relevancy to AFL era is ludicrous.

Even funnier is Geelong trying to get their VFA flags recognized in the VFL/AFL tallies

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ground breaking stuff
Find it incredibly funny how Victorian Club fans absolutely despise Port claiming SANFL flags (I agree that they have no relevance to AFL and don’t count), yet claim state league premierships towards their own tallies😂 Clubs like Carlton, Essendon and Collingwood have for the most part achieved Sweet F.A in the AFL era but have the audacity to say they are the most successful clubs😂

I'm probably in the minority of eagles fans but I have no problem with the premiership tally of our competition reading Carlton 16, essendon 16, Collingwood 15 etc.

The teams have obviously changed a fair bit but the competition we play in now is clearly the same one that started in 1897. The name change is irrelevant - sporting teams, competitions, companies and even people change names all the time but they are still the same entity.

Port Adelaide's SANFL flags and Geelong's VFA flags are clearly in different competitions and should never be in the VFL/AFL tally, however, those clubs are more than welcome to celebrate them internally in whatever way they see fit.

I'm probably in the minority of eagles fans but I have no problem with the premiership tally of our competition reading Carlton 16, essendon 16, Collingwood 15 etc.

The teams have obviously changed a fair bit but the competition we play in now is clearly the same one that started in 1897. The name change is irrelevant - sporting teams, competitions, companies and even people change names all the time but they are still the same entity.

Port Adelaide's SANFL flags and Geelong's VFA flags are clearly in different competitions and should never be in the VFL/AFL tally, however, those clubs are more than welcome to celebrate them internally in whatever way they see fit.

Angry Half Baked GIF

It's fine to acknowledge how successful your club has been in years gone by, but to act as if it has any relevance in 2023 when a bunch of the Vic clubs have been basket cases for 20-30 years is what grinds my gears.

I'm happy to be in the minority on this one.

If nothing else, people are wasting their time and getting hung up on something that won't change. So what's the point...

We'll see things like "AFL era" flags etc, but expecting the all time flag tally to reset to 1990 is never gonna happen.

EPL count their titles despite changing their name to EPL in 1992.

It's quite similar really.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
The two scenarios seem similar but the Premier League was a new competition formed as a breakaway from the previous First Division comp.

Correctly their records restarted in 1992, but you do read clubs recognise their top flight titles which take into account pre-1992 titles.

With the VFL => AFL change there was no breakaway or newly formed entity.

Cant see him going in the twenties TBH.

Gives run and carry but is a poor decision maker and doesn't like physical contact.

The dropped the ball getting rid of Acres for a 3rd rounder.

ASKING PRICE SET FOR YOUNG DOCKER
Fremantle will ask for a pick between 15-25 in return for trading former No. 9 draft pick Liam Henry to the Hawks.

The Dockers are prepared to trade Henry after his official trade request and believe the Hawks are ahead of his only other suitor St Kilda.

Henry met with Hawthorn and St Kilda in the days after round 24, and after his breakout season would be a perfect acquisition for the Hawks given he is only 22 years of age.

The Dockers reason if they were to secure a player of his talent in the draft this year it would need to be in the top 25 picks so they will drive a hard bargain.

The Herald Sun revealed in February Henry was on the move to a Victorian club, and if the Hawks could secure him for a later selection it would be a trade coup.

Hawthorn has been looking at ways to bring more elite talent into the club without giving up early picks, including potential salary cap dumps in the same manner as the Jack Bowes pick 7 deal last year.

They have picks three, 29 and 48 but need to secure enough points for father-son Will McCabe, who is a late first-rounder.

A couple of freo supporting colleagues are glad hes going.

They will be laughing to the bank if freo get a late teen/early 20's pick.

It's likely what's driving him wanting to leave them; Freo supporters have been on him since day dot due to his draft position and shit on him every chance they get. He finally starts showing something and he's out the door. 😂

Darcy set to sign a 3 year extension with us, didn't see anything here about it so thought I'd post it myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back