Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Screenshot_20240524_210727_Brave.jpg
In the first quarter Nick Daicos wasn't called for a blatant throw that led to a Collingwood center clearance. Then at the end of the quarter Jye Amiss gets pinged for a ludicrously soft free that leads to a Collingwood goal with 5 seconds left on the clock. Vic clubs are so used to getting the rub of the green that they just can't comprehend it when it goes the other way.

View attachment 1999471
In the first quarter Nick Daicos wasn't called for a blatant throw that led to a Collingwood center clearance. Then at the end of the quarter Jye Amiss gets pinged for a ludicrously soft free that leads to a Collingwood goal with 5 seconds left on the clock. Vic clubs are so used to getting the rub of the green that they just can't comprehend it when it goes the other way.
A rational pie.supporter.....ive.seen it all now.

Also Jackson goes to shit in my supercoach team every time Sean Darcy plays

If I had a drink every time I’ve heard 6 under 10 games tonight I would currently be on my way to hospital

McRae running with it like his life depends on it in his press conference

Just saw the Mason Cox knee injury.
Not too fond of the bloke, but that looked incredibly sickening. Hope that it's not as bad as it looked.

Well not really. It has to be deemed as time wasting to fit in with the rules?

Yes, it has to fit into some kind of time wasting offence but no one has identified it in the book for me yet.

I'm with Hodgey on this one - some kind of common sense has to occur here. The ball was long dead, time was not running, all players were ready to go again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just saw the Mason Cox knee injury.
Not too fond of the bloke, but that looked incredibly sickening. Hope that it's not as bad as it looked.

He got up and strolled off. Was subbed out immediately I think due to the time left in the game but looked worse than it was.

Er, wouldn't it just be B?

No, because clearly that's in the context of general play (ie letting your teammate grab the ball from your hand when in play). Otherwise that free kick gets paid every time the opposition has possession when a free kick is given to the other side and they give it back. If they get cute about returning the ball directly, D kicks in as a time wasting offence.

The rule is there to avoid players time wasting, i.e. a team gets a free kick and a player spends a good 5-10 seconds not giving the ball back to let their teammates flood the defense

The rule was never intended to penalise a player for causing a microsecond delay at a stoppage

No, because clearly that's in the context of general play (ie letting your teammate grab the ball from your hand when in play). Otherwise that free kick gets paid every time the opposition has possession when a free kick is given to the other side and they give it back. If they get cute about returning the ball directly, D kicks in as a time wasting offence.

How's it clearly in the context of general play? It makes no reference to it whatsoever in the screen grab you've provided.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back