Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

As bad as the umpires were, from memory I can think of at least 5 separate occasions where GWS players straight up burnt teammates on the way into 50 that cost certain goals. Could've won by 20+ if not for those and they seemed more like a combination panicky inexperience and an overwhelming atmosphere than anything else.

Agree with this. They didn't look quite as polished in some areas, think the occasion got to them a bit. However, their cleanliness collecting the loose footy at pace and working the ball around by hand in that sort of pressure, despite not even being at their best, shows how significantly far we are away from the best teams.

Nope, none at all.
Don't see very many in Perth.
There are a lot in Perth. Particularly the Baby Boomer generation, where many supported Carlton in the VFL because they poached a lot of WA players. My Dad was one, as he supported East Perth in WAFL and Carlton poached a lot of their players. Luckily he switched to Eagles when they came in.

You might think they're not too bad but that's because they've been shit for decades. If they win a flag they will come out of the woodwork. Imagine Bombers supporters and Richmond supporters combined, that's what they're like.

Seems to be more of a league wide problem at the moment, most games pretty scrappy tbh.
Pressure on the ball carrier is, IMO, at an all time high mind you, unforced skill errors are killers. One wonders if the amount of burst sprint running is taking a toll on player skill.

Agree with this. They didn't look quite as polished in some areas, think the occasion got to them a bit. However, their cleanliness collecting the loose footy at pace and working the ball around by hand in that sort of pressure, despite not even being at their best, shows how significantly far we are away from the best teams.
Yeh, they were a step below the semi, added pressure and all im sure, but they look so good when they are one touch, clean possesions, flicking it around.
When J Kelly is in form, he's one of the most silky, watchable players

Brent daniels taken off the ground for HIA following a N.Daicos driving tackle.

Daniels subsequently failed the test.

Doubt the AFL will suspend daicos

Didn't even get a free kick.

But imagine golden boy getting suspended for the GF. Makes you wonder how Gil will pull his last magic sweeping under the rug trick before ****ing off. Just like Cotchin on 2017.

As bad as the umpires were, from memory I can think of at least 5 separate occasions where GWS players straight up burnt teammates on the way into 50 that cost certain goals. Could've won by 20+ if not for those and they seemed more like a combination panicky inexperience and an overwhelming atmosphere than anything else.

Not wrong.

Most animated i got (yelling obscenities) was when that dickhead Lachie Keefe completely BURNT and easy chip or handball over the top to Toby, instead elected to have an off balance snap at goal and miss. That was such an opportunity gone begging.

Would've well and truly taken the wind out of the ferals sails. Just needed a steadier and they'd have been fine i reckon.

Likewise when Toby did his checkside from the tight angle with a couple minutes to go and Sidekent marked it on the line and they couldn't even get a point out of it :mad: GWS cooked themselves terribly, but the umpires certainly didn't need to join in.

Huh? That's counter to everything I've heard.

A.Kingsley during his post-match presser said B.Daniels came up fine and was bemused that he was forced miss the final six minutes of the match because AFL ARC concussion spotters informed Giants docs that the 15 minute protocol should be enforced.

If it weren't for J.Weitering wandering around bow-legged last week, there is no way B.Daniels would have sat the protocol last night.

Can understand why GWS are irked by it.

As for N.Daicos - based on similar tackles getting punished earlier in the year he should rightly get a week, arms are pinned and the head goes straight into the ground.

But it's a Grand Final and it's Collingwood and it's N.Daicos. If B.Maynard was able to get off last week for putting his shoulder through another player's head then N.Daicos will be well looked after.

Dangerous tackle? Nah, his team-mate was pinning one of the arms, so of course he isn't responsible for the outcome...

Huh? That's counter to everything I've heard.

A.Kingsley during his post-match presser said B.Daniels came up fine and was bemused that he was forced miss the final six minutes of the match because AFL ARC concussion spotters informed Giants docs that the 15 minute protocol should be enforced.

If it weren't for J.Weitering wandering around bow-legged last week, there is no way B.Daniels would have sat the protocol last night.

Can understand why GWS are irked by it.

As for N.Daicos - based on similar tackles getting punished earlier in the year he should rightly get a week, arms are pinned and the head goes straight into the ground.

But it's a Grand Final and it's Collingwood and it's N.Daicos. If B.Maynard was able to get off last week for putting his shoulder through another player's head then N.Daicos will be well looked after.

Dangerous tackle? Nah, his team-mate was pinning one of the arms, so of course he isn't responsible for the outcome...
Eitherway, daicos tackled a player whos head hit the turf....isnt that a week these days?

I bet it wont even be looked at.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Daicos had a couple of those tackles in the last half. Puts the arm and shoulder in the players back and drives through with his weight. Probably something he's picked up from being slighter than some of the others he's playing against but it might cost him at some point.

They should have paid in the back for those at least

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back