Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Season 2 Drama GIF by PBS

When has anyone ever looked at a season ladder and gone "man, 9th and 10th deserved to play finals this year."

**** me.
In 2014 and 2021 when we finished 9th
This is still pissing me off and has annoyed me how little has been said about it. Watching players do the same dumping motion (Rowbottom, Maynard etc) and not even getting cited and watching players get KO'd with driving tackles and get off on an issue of law without any commentary over it other than the general "Who knows what the AFL will find?".

Last year "good bloke" DeGoey got 1 more week than Reid for lining up someone who had disposed of the ball and was in a vulnerable position and sent him to next week because he had remorse over the incident.

Meanwhile Reid has the potential to injure (read: end the players career) by spinning him around without pinning his arms.
It pisses me off too, but I just bottle it up and every time we win a flag, it just feels so much sweeter.

Nic Martin, whilst absolutely soft as butter and a diving seagull of a bloke, is clearly an upgrade over some of our players. It was an undeniable miss, even with him not training well and admitting as much after the fact.

However, my god, how do you reckon Brisbane feel about delisting Ben Keays. Second rounder, cut after 30 games in four years. Now up to 100 consecutive games since his Adelaide debut, and that one on Friday night to stamp it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nic Martin, whilst absolutely soft as butter and a diving seagull of a bloke, is clearly an upgrade over some of our players. It was an undeniable miss, even with him not training well and admitting as much after the fact.

However, my god, how do you reckon Brisbane feel about delisting Ben Keays. Second rounder, cut after 30 games in four years. Now up to 100 consecutive games since his Adelaide debut, and that one on Friday night to stamp it.
Yea look, I don’t think Brisbane are losing sleep over not having Ben Keays. Good player, tries super hard and in this Adelaide team has found a really nice role, that he executes well.

I don’t think he shifts the needle for Brisbane. He would sit behind Cameron, McCarthy, Rayner, Bailey and Lohman as small/mediums in the Brisbane forward line.

This breaks down the argument about nic daicos and his contested footy, and highlights why Yeo is rated so highly.

Essentially, contested footy as a stat is moot. What entails the stat is critical ,specifically hard ball gets.

Hint
Daicos get very few
Yeo gets the most.

About time this was analysed in depth

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Crazy to think we chose Will Collins over Nic Martin what a monumental **** up

Essendon don’t pick him in same draft either.

Are people going to continue to re-live it? Any misses may have meant we were a stronger team, win one more game and not get Reid.

We would still be relatively shite with martin. He doesn’t fix weak midfield.

This breaks down the argument about nic daicos and his contested footy, and highlights why Yeo is rated so highly.

Essentially, contested footy as a stat is moot. What entails the stat is critical ,specifically hard ball gets.

Hint
Daicos get very few
Yeo gets the most.

ABC footy analysis is delightful

Hint
Daicos get very few
Yeo gets the most.

Read that earlier today. Great, in depth and informative article

I did chuckle at the conclusion though...

At the end of the day, getting the ball is more useful than not gaining possession

Hint
Daicos get very few
Yeo gets the most.

Whats interesting is that gather from hit out is significantly higher than hardball gets for daicos. Only one on that list with large gap. Others are more 50/50 with Heeney only one of note.

Not sure what that means and maybe dylan82 knows but to me it tells me he is very good at getting separation at stoppages.

It’s because people assume ‘contested possession’ means ‘won a contest’. Just means you got rid of the ball while someone was close to you. Doesn’t mean shit

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back