Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Can’t remember exactly but when we were in a similar situation in 2017 I think we were like ‘meh, even if we make finals who cares, although it’s funny that Dees lost’.

But I guess just making finals is a big thing for the Dockers
We our destiny in our own hands for that game though, Jetta's goal put us into finals.

Can’t remember exactly but when we were in a similar situation in 2017 I think we were like ‘meh, even if we make finals who cares, although it’s funny that Dees lost’.

But I guess just making finals is a big thing for the Dockers

I'd celebrate like that if my team won the grand final. I would not cheer and dance and high five strangers at another team's achievements. Sure, I'd probably smile and appreciate another team winning that let us keep top spot, but that display is utterly embarrassing. It's like soccer fans celebrating a World Cup win but with more inbreds.

"The result ensures the Dockers now hold the record as the highest placed team after Round 20 to miss finals altogether, with Sunday’s loss leaving players devastated, Docker Heath Chapman admitted."

michael fassbender perfection GIF

Flat that Freo cocked it up. Some solace in how sad Blues fans were for a few hours, but would have been much better to have another Vic club bundled out before it even began.

But **** me, glorious to see Serong’s 20+ disposal streak they won’t shut up about snapped. Easy equation, win a home game and you’re in, and the fakest tough guy in footy wilts under the pressure. 0.3, between the big ones next time Caleb.

Couldn’t give less of a **** about Freo, we’re not really rivals, we’re passing ships in the night who are rarely up at the same time. Pantomime theatre of derby day is fun, but so many Vic clubs are infinitely more hateable and relevant than them. But god does it fill my heart with joy to see that absolute rodent, the one bloke on their team worth getting riled up about, falter the moment some heat gets put on. Cya next time champion, few more cheap shots next time and maybe you’ll learn how to win some footy under pressure.

I don't hate Fremantle as a team. They are decent with some quality players who get well recognised for what they are. They have gone from playing a totally unwatchable brand a few years ago to just pretty boring. But boy are some of their fans just absolutely insufferable lately. The past two seasons are exactly what they deserve for screaming about "Flagmantle" every time they win a game - it is really asking for something like this to happen.

That's not even to mention the losers running around posting clips from random eagles games where they try to paint Harley as a fraud or whatever it is that they are trying to say. Maybe the most pathetic thing I've ever seen and I hope those particular fans are crying themselves to sleep tonight 😇

Last edited:
Fremantle v Port Adelaide attendance: 45,322

West Coast v Carlton attendance: 48,455

Home game attendance 2024:
West Coast- 508,569*
Fremantle- 515,805**

* 1 x Friday night, 2x Saturday afternoon, 2x Saturday night, 6x Sunday afternoon
** 3x Friday night, 1x Saturday afternoon, 3x Saturday night, 4x Sunday afternoon

They’ve pipped us for total attendance but had better time slots overall and spent the year as a finals contender all the way up to the final quarter of their final game. We were a wooden spoon contender that never came close to getting out of the bottom 3 all year

On another unrelated note, Fremantle missing finals means they’ve played finals just once since they were minor premiers nine seasons ago in 2015

Boy oh boy wowee that's the weakest top eight in my 30 odd years of footy memory.

Basically two teams with sub-110% in the top four. Everybody has been up and down. No dominant side since Sydney early in the season and somehow Hawthorn are probably the form side.

If Port can't win it from here, what a shambles (they won't).

A real rollercoaster season and it really is anybody's to win. Which is to say, I can't wait to see what non-Victorian club a busted Geelong rolls in the GF.

jeez normally i'd be happy at freo's demise but I was genuinely excited for that game and that was a very frustrating output

I genuinely thought Fyfe wasn't playing until I spotted him somewhere in the 2nd/3rd

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But **** me, glorious to see Serong’s 20+ disposal streak they won’t shut up about snapped. Easy equation, win a home game and you’re in, and the fakest tough guy in footy wilts under the pressure. 0.3, between the big ones next time Caleb.
Did you see how filthy he was with 30 seconds to go that he didn't get one more? Ryan is the same, loves padding the stats with the kicks around defence. First thing they look at in the rooms is their own stats column no doubt. But when Fyfe and Walters are the senior leaders to learn from what else do you expect?

Was hoping the Dockers win to keep Carlton out.
Then get beaten by Bris.

Meanwhile Haw v Foots will eliminate one Vic team.

Then that winner has to play Geel if they, hopefully, lose to Port. Then that’d be another Vic team eliminated.

And then there’s only one.

Oh how glorious to have two nonVic PFs.

For it to go wrong for Fremantle in terms of the off-season would you rather they trade their early picks for Shai Bolton or keep the early picks instead?

They have a horrid record in players returning home after playing over east.

Trading for Bolton should be a no brainer for them.

They need a small forward as Shithowski can't do it by himself, and Walters is washed up.

Will also be able to pinch hit in their midfield and give it some x factor which they lack.

Adding 3 more kids doesn't do much for them when they already have Johnson and Erasmus not getting more opportunities

For it to go wrong for Fremantle in terms of the off-season would you rather they trade their early picks for Shai Bolton or keep the early picks instead?

They have a horrid record in players returning home after playing over east.
I’d love to see them waste 2 first rounders for Bolton. He’s a quality player but I dunno if I’d be selling the farm for him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back