Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Port would be 6th if they didnt win that once in a generation 3 goal in a minute game against Hawks and Hawks would be 2nd . Ok maybe 3rd as their percentage saved them
Yep very true but with the brilliant mind of Hinkley he devised a way to win with seconds on the clock, imagine what he could do with your list. ;)

Because players are always leaving be interesting to see who gives up on the dream and leaves this year.

They’ll try and offload Sean Darcy this offseason I reckon. Though the early end to his year again due to injury, concerns about his professionalism (read weight) and huge contract might mean suitors are not as willing as they were in previous years.

They’ll try and offload Sean Darcy this offseason I reckon. Though the early end to his year again due to injury, concerns about his professionalism (read weight) and huge contract might mean suitors are not as willing as they were in previous years.
Well according to the coach they reckon he will get his body right. I recall us saying something similar regarding NicNat. Will be interesting to watch.

Japan could be into Darcy. Well, you've heard of mail-order brides? Well, they go that way too. You can't forget, it's a sumo culture. They pay by the pound over there. Sorta like, um, tuna.

Japan could be into Darcy. Well, you've heard of mail-order brides? Well, they go that way too. You can't forget, it's a sumo culture. They pay by the pound over there. Sorta like, um, tuna.

cameron diaz hair GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For it to go wrong for Fremantle in terms of the off-season would you rather they trade their early picks for Shai Bolton or keep the early picks instead?

They have a horrid record in players returning home after playing over east.
Best outcome would be them giving up 2 1st rounders for Bolton and missing out on 2 young players, then him requesting a trade to another club in a couple of years for a packet of chips.
May the cycle continue.
Licking Jackie Chan GIF

Are Melbourne going to just let Petracca try and walk out or are they going to sack Oliver and Goodwin to try and salvage any semblance of culture remaining in the joint?

I know there has been some psych test stuff coming up from his draft year that maybe Trac is being a prima donna but the Clayton Oliver offseason plus the rumours about Goodwin with problem gambling and meth use alleged by former Dees president Glen Bartlett certainly suggests that things are far from rosy at Melbourne. Plus throw in the drug trafficking charges that Joel Smith is facing.

Almost West Coast 2005-07 areas if not worse. I mean, I can’t imagine Woosha toking on the see through didgeridoo.

Last edited:
The AFL / MRO is a complete farce.
After conditioning us all to accept a tackle that results in head contact to the ground to be a suspendable offense....Liam Jones escapes with a fine.
It's not as if it's a new thing either.
The vAFL manipulating the MRO process to achieve the desired result. Sometimes this, sometimes just sheer incompetence.
Remember in 2005 Barry Hall getting ridiculously downgraded from an already low 1 week to a fine so they could get him in the GF that they needed the Swans to win.

That's 20 years of unmitigated hopelessness.

I know there has been some psych test stuff coming up from his draft year that maybe Trac is being a prima donna but the Clayton Oliver offseason plus the rumours about Goodwin with problem gambling and meth use alleged by former Dee’s president Glen Bartlett certainly suggests that things are far from rosy at Melbourne. Plus throw in the drug trafficking charges that Joel Smith is facing.

Almost West Coast 2005-07 areas if not worse. I mean, I can’t imagine Woosha toking on the see through didgeridoo.
Where there's smoke there's fire...

Re MRO: I don’t know why the AFL can’t just put together a library or catalogue of clips of offences.
This one is one week, this one nothing, this is four etc etc. The grid might then just be a starting point.

Hardly difficult to put together and it would be a good reference point if it was publicly accessible (for clubs and media at least).

We’re just not taking advantage of the best technology available. It’s not exactly rocket surgery.

Last edited:
Re MRO: I don’t know why the AFL can’t just put together a library or catalogue of clips of offences.
This one is one week, this one nothing, this is four etc etc. The grid might then just be a starting point.

Hardly difficult to put together and it would be a good reference point if it was publicly accessible (for clubs and media at least).

We’re just not taking advantage of the best technology available. It’s not exactly rocket surgery.
How else are they supposed to manipulate the outcome they want?

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back