Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

The Petracca situation is so weird. I'm sure 99% of people would be right behind him if his side of things was he feels let down by the club and its Doctors with the diagnosing of his injury and doesn't trust them anymore, ect, ect. Everyone would understand that and be like fair enough.

But then it's all this 'Brand Petracca' stuff and 'wants to move to a bigger team' stuff that confuses me and feels dirty unless it's from Melbourne people feeding stuff to the media to try and change that narrative a bit...probably don't sign a contract for SEVEN years next time, if that's the case? 🤷‍♂️

The Petracca situation is so weird. I'm sure 99% of people would be right behind him if his side of things was he feels let down by the club and its Doctors with the diagnosing of his injury and doesn't trust them anymore, ect, ect. Everyone would understand that and be like fair enough.

But then it's all this 'Brand Petracca' stuff and 'wants to move to a bigger team' stuff that confuses me and feels dirty unless it's from Melbourne people feeding stuff to the media to try and change that narrative a bit...probably don't sign a contract for SEVEN years next time, if that's the case? 🤷‍♂️
Since he's signed that contract, the club sent him back out with a ruptured spleen, they've had Joel Smith charged with drug related offences, Oliver has fallen of an alleged drug induced hill, and Goodwin is Goodwin.

Yes you sign long contracts, but it's a two way street, if the club doesn't live up to its side of the bargain, why should you?

Some of that might just be media beat up sponsored by the Demons or demons fans in the media. At least it might be exaggerated a touch

It's probably that he's never liked that the Dees are a smaller club but not to the extent that he'd move because of it, but now that he has other gripes it's all combined to the point where he does want out.

It's probably that he's never liked that the Dees are a smaller club but not to the extent that he'd move because of it, but now that he has other gripes it's all combined to the point where he does want out.
They have more seagulls than fans at their games these days.

But then it's all this 'Brand Petracca' stuff and 'wants to move to a bigger team' stuff that confuses me and feels dirty unless it's from Melbourne people feeding stuff to the media to try and change that narrative a bit..
I think this is exactly what's happening. Has Christian publicly said anything like it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just listened to Melbourne president Kate Roffey on Whateley.

I appreciate she's in a difficult position, but she sounded way out of her depth.

Just about every question about Petracca was answered with "I can't comment because I haven't spoken directly with Trac".
Just dreadful.

Last edited:

I appreciate she's in a difficult position, but she sounded way out of her depth.

Just about every question about Petracca was answered with "I can't comment because I have spoken directly with Trac".
Just dreadful.
In her defence, how could she have possibly have expected to have been asked about Petracca

If the AFLPA get involved and throw their true weight into the Melbourne situation it's all over.

This terrifies the AFL. The only thing keeping this all held semi together is the AFL and through media outlets supporting Melbourne and keeping some things quiet. Otherwise the Demons would already be ****ed.

The AFL is only doing this because Melbourne is still seen by the V/AFL as the oldest football club in Australia. If it were North, the Dogs etc. It would be all over. The AFL is trying to cover their own arse, maintain face and keep the figurehead of the 'Oldest footy club' being in central Melbourne.

That and the TV rights deal needing 9 games a round.

How long ago was a CEO or Board member at Melbourne given the arse because he said there were issues at the club.
Hello chickens why have you come back?

If the AFLPA get involved and throw their true weight into the Melbourne situation it's all over.

This terrifies the AFL. The only thing keeping this all held semi together is the AFL and through media outlets supporting Melbourne and keeping some things quiet. Otherwise the Demons would already be ****ed.

The AFL is only doing this because Melbourne is still seen by the V/AFL as the oldest football club in Australia. If it were North, the Dogs etc. It would be all over. The AFL is trying to cover their own arse, maintain face and keep the figurehead of the 'Oldest footy club' being in central Melbourne.

As I was thinking this will be a dull few weeks.

Just about every question about Petracca was answered with "I can't comment because I have spoken directly with Trac".
Just dreadful.
Good. about time some heat comes to the club

The petracca situation or the drug culture, rumors about players/coach etc.

IMG_5692.jpeg

I see 3 academy products that Sydney were able to acquire on the cheap

And one draft bargain who even Sydney had no idea would turn out as well as he has - they used 3 draft picks before Warner in the 2019 draft - Dylan Stephens with 5 who’s now battling at North plus Will Gould (26) and Elijah Taylor (36) who are no longer AFL players.

Sydney do well to remain contenders almost every year but **** me if the academy isn’t a huge leg up

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back