Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Man, i wonder who was the earliest person to say the dees reminded us of us in 2006/2007
Snatched a flag with a solid midfield and role players everywhere else, then implode within a year.
They managed to drag it out, probably because they are literaly called Melbourne.

Man, i wonder who was the earliest person to say the dees reminded us of us in 2006/2007
Snatched a flag with a solid midfield and role players everywhere else, then implode within a year.
They managed to drag it out, probably because they are literaly called Melbourne.
Elite level midfield, extremely good and reliable defence and shitty forward line with one decent goalkicker. Mirrors 2006 to a tee.

What's with all the bitterness (not from here) about Waterman and Gov making the 2024 All Australian team? Both deserved it.

Being in a struggling team shouldn't automatically rule any player out from making All Australian teams. Both players had good seasons I think.

What's with all the bitterness (not from here) about Waterman and Gov making the 2024 All Australian team? Both deserved it.

Being in a struggling team shouldn't automatically rule any player out from making All Australian teams. Both players had good seasons I think.
Because oppo supporters followed the Gerard Whateley trope of not watching WCE play.

Can't really say I blame them but it explains their surprise.

Waterman was a surprise but he's had a career-best year and there hasn't been many standout forwards. Also the AA selectors kept the forward line for actual forwards this year and put all the spare mids on the bench.

Gov has been amazing and would've been close to the first defender picked. The only blemish is he missed a few games.

Hope the cans have a choking warning on the side

Hey gang, does anyone remember how to turn off notifications for ever time a new thread is posted on the Sydney board? I know we got a message about it a while ago, but I can't find it anymore.

Dogs have some good momentum behind them as well, their form leading into the finals was good.

I think Will Day's injury will be a huge blow for the Hawks as well. There's a big correlation between them going 0-5 to start the year and Will Day missing the first 7 rounds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dogs have some good momentum behind them as well, their form leading into the finals was good.

I think Will Day's injury will be a huge blow for the Hawks as well. There's a big correlation between them going 0-5 to start the year and Will Day missing the first 7 rounds.
So Day and Night difference with and without him in the side?

Wishing the guy who you marched on a couple years ago a Happy Birthday is pretty wild.

He 'stepped down' after 8 rounds in 2022 in the final year of his deal.

And now works for your crosstown rivals

Wingard retires. Which I legitimately thought happened 3 years ago. Back end of his career was destroyed by injuries.
I reckon he left a lot on the table too. An All Australian by second season and 2 by the age of 22. Kicked 177 goals between 2013-16 and actually looked like he was going to be a superstar small forward but just fizzled after that. Always got the feeling he was a bit of a Figjam and likely drank his bathwater after his first few seasons

The AFL has hired highly experienced former West Coast chief executive Trevor Nisbett to help the league deal with clubs on key areas such as competitive balance and club funding.

This sounds good, unless he's incredibly bitter at the club.

We're going to be playing in Tasmania every week next year aren't we?

This sounds good, unless he's incredibly bitter at the club.

We're going to be playing in Tasmania every week next year aren't we?

Doubt he’s bitter. Certainly has no reason to be

Best thing with him being on that committee is there’s nobody who’d have a better understanding of the challenges faced by non-Vic clubs, particularly the two WA teams

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back