Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

So after a slow 10k and some time alone with my thoughts, some philosophical musings...

How good is footy? Honestly what else in life gives yous the range of emotions/reactions as consistently as the footy?

From the highs of 06, 18 (both very different highs for mine, different life stages makes seeing the team differently, from manic elation, to just pride). To the anger/rage of today (over draft picks of all things, I think it's great).

And everything in-between. The lols of the north games, port finals. 05 and 15, shock at Benny C in 07 EF, heartbreak for Shep, NicNat, Venners. There was such a weird (in a good way) vibe I don't think I'll ever experience again at that final game at Subi against Adelaide (speaking of Adelaide, the 1st post Walsh game).

Even just going every other week to old Subi now Optus. Or just watching at a mates or pub on a Friday/Sat night.

Anyways I'm a little older now, I'm still a full on WC nuff, always will love the team, but not in the all encompassing way I was when I was younger. It doesn't ruin my week if we lose anymore. I think that's just an age thing, I'm older than all the guy on the list, some I'm older enough to be the parent, they are no longer superhero or posters on my wall. But that's cool. I gave my 3 year old nephew a Rick the Rock t shirt earlier in the year, he didn't take it off for a week, I love seeing that excitement.

So microwave you membership or drive a dump truck of cow manure up to MRP tomorrow (just don't boo the players, that's not cool). It's footy it's the best (and worst) thing in the world, and life just wouldn't be the same without you.

Up the coasters

Last edited:

This literally sounds like some snowflake got offended and now the AFL is trying to appease them.

People are so mentally weak these days...
I dont know if your being sarcastic or genuine.

The last sentence throws me off, cos the person who complained is definetly some snowflake, but it's got nothing to do with their mental state.

Times a changing i guess.

I dont know if your being sarcastic or genuine.

The last sentence throws me off, cos the person who complained is definetly some snowflake, but it's got nothing to do with their mental state.

Times a changing i guess.
If you're a 'snowflake', it means you're mentally weak.

Snowflakes melt incredibly easily, just like us on this board.

Who knows if it was a bloke or not. But gee feels like a storm in a teacup.
I don't like it one bit. No issues if it was in public, but in private (which includes private functions) you should be able to express yourself as you like (within the law) and be judged only by those who are there.

Dressing up as bad characters still reinforces that they are bad. Satire still exists, but this wasn't even that deep. A bunch of footy blokes going for a bit of shock factor for a laugh with each other. Let them be.

Brace Yourself Here We Go GIF by MOODMAN

(Log in to remove this ad.)

“A couple of players did a skit from a movie, one player who is set to be fined quite significantly dressed up as Raygun. I can’t imagine that player being fined for dressing up as Raygun, but who knows what actions that player did.

“I understand there is going to be around six suspended players. One young player in particular, who is said to have made an ill-informed joke about P-Diddy, is set for the harshest suspension."

What am I missing? How is any of that possibly suspension worthy?

“A couple of players did a skit from a movie, one player who is set to be fined quite significantly dressed up as Raygun. I can’t imagine that player being fined for dressing up as Raygun, but who knows what actions that player did.

“I understand there is going to be around six suspended players. One young player in particular, who is said to have made an ill-informed joke about P-Diddy, is set for the harshest suspension."

saturday night live snowflakes GIF by HULU

Imagine being 'offended' at a private function because a bunch of mates made some jokes to each other?

Guess who won't be hosting any sporting functions anymore?

Probably missing quite a lot. Why would you think that’s an exhaustive account of what went on? Never going to know the full story. I’m sure there’s a bit of overreacting going on, but at the same time there’s 0 chance we’ll ever know the full detail

Probably missing quite a lot. Why would you think that’s an exhaustive account of what went on? Never going to know the full story. I’m sure there’s a bit of overreacting going on, but at the same time there’s 0 chance we’ll ever know the full detail

Where did I say I thought that was an exhaustive account?

But those details given aren't in the same stratosphere of anything warranting a suspension. If they're suspending players over it it will come out and the 3 Giants fans would be well within their rights to want to know what for

What could they possibly have done? Made bad taste jokes, mimed sexual activities, acted like drunken tool-bags? If you work at a "venue" surely you see this take place on just about every shift.

I doubt they performed a ritual human sacrifice.

As long as they didn't force anyone to watch or participate in their shenanigans who gives a shit?

Where did I say I thought that was an exhaustive account?

But those details given aren't in the same stratosphere of anything warranting a suspension. If they're suspending players over it it will come out and the 3 Giants fans would be well within their rights to want to know what for
Wouldn’t you presume that there were other things that occurred that might have warranted the suspension?

Wouldn’t you presume that there were other things that occurred that might have warranted the suspension?

" One young player in particular, who is said to have made an ill-informed joke about P-Diddy, is set for the harshest suspension."

That's the worst thing apparently. There's obviously not all the details in the article but that's the worst one (according to Morris)

Must've been a pretty shit joke to warrant a suspension.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back