Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Now if they start directing inappropriate behaviour towards my daughter, that's a different story entirely.
I'd hope I'd raised her well enough to let stuff like that not bother her.
And we wonder why one in four women suffer a sexual assault - because men just do not get it.

It’s not up to women ‘not to be bothered’ by misogynistic adolescent behaviour, it’s up to men to behave in ways that don’t demean women - no matter where it is.

And yep, if that means I’m ‘woke’, fine, but that then means you’re asleep. Wake up it’s 2024 not 1850.

I don't find their humour funny, but if I was there and didn't like it, I would have looked away and have gone about my business. This reeks of people with a public profile being demonised.
Exactly what perpetuates the problem. It is up to men to say this is bullshit.

You’re either part of the problem or part of the solution.

And we wonder why one in four women suffer a sexual assault - because men just do not get it.

It’s not up to women ‘not to be bothered’ by misogynistic adolescent behaviour, it’s up to men to behave in ways that don’t demean women - no matter where it is.

And yep, if that means I’m ‘woke’, fine, but that then means you’re asleep. Wake up it’s 2024 not 1850.
Whoa slow down, women will be wanting to vote next!

The “good old days” schtick is tiring and the idea that “I’m fine with this therefore everyone else should be and if you aren’t then it’s because of woke” is even more so.

Maybe this stuff happens all the time and it's not reported because other staff members aren't bothered by it?

Also the staff member that reported this should be out of a job.
LoL. I take it you havent dealt with the fair Work commission?
If the venue gave her the arse after making a valid complaint about sexual harassment in the work place (and yes even if it was not directed at her it most definitely fits the definition) they will be in a world of hurt and she will be in for a very big pay day.
Agree with it or not, there are workplace laws that protect employees for speaking up about unfit conditions.

Satire is bullshit? Everything we do must be taken literally? We can't mock behaviours in private? We should always be thinking about others watching us and what they would think?

Thats a fine stance to hold but in all honesty, if you were a patron at that bar (I realise it was a closed event but work with me), are you going up to a bunch of 30 drunk AFL footballers and telling them you dont appreciate their humour?
Honest question and one that is easy to say yes when its only theoretical but would you?

Yeah I found that line a bit bizarre.

Yes, teach your kids resilience and dealing with drunken behaviour etc - but this doesn't mean not calling out behaviour that normalises demeaning women. Ignoring it or saying 'boys will be boys' ensures it continues.

Thats a fine stance to hold but in all honesty, if you were a patron at that bar (I realise it was a closed event but work with me), are you going up to a bunch of 30 drunk AFL footballers and telling them you dont appreciate their humour?
Honest question and one that is easy to say yes when its only theoretical but would you?

If I was in that position, correct I wouldn't confront them. I'd probably however do what that bar staff person (or people) did and contact GWS after the fact.

I mean I've been to a fair amount of parties with debauchery (public and private) and I haven't had people there simulating sex acts on dolls or 9/11. Maybe that's just me.

Yes I have reported such behaviour - knowing I’d pay a price. But if you are sincere in your beliefs you can’t pick and choose.

And right now I am calling it out - knowing full well people will come after me.

End of story.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” Edmund Burke

F*ck I'd love to confront Toby Greene then fly kick the campaigner studs up.

Then bolt out of the venue before he gets up and beats the shit out of me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back