Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

More of a choke than an upset if I remember Fremantle's goal kicking correctly.

From memory 2 shots on goal from Fyfe came off at right angles - one to each side and another 2 field kicks from him hit his own teammates in the back.

They were a bit skittish for the first parts of the game but fought back. Unlike us that caught a rampaging Hawks the following year and just completely stank it up, the big stage making us look like kids against adults.

From memory 2 shots on goal from Fyfe came off at right angles - one to each side and another 2 field kicks from him hit his own teammates in the back.

They were a bit skittish for the first parts of the game but fought back. Unlike us that caught a rampaging Hawks the following year and just completely stank it up, the big stage making us look like kids against adults.
Freo didn't kick a single goal in the first half. They choked and then did a classic Freo "comeback" by going hard when the game was lost. At no point did they realistically look like winning.

Freo didn't kick a single goal in the first half. They choked and then did a classic Freo "comeback" by going hard when the game was lost. At no point did they realistically look like winning.

They kicked a goal in the second quarter and went on to lose by 15 points. I'm not saying they looked like they were gonna come away with it and fell short, but they did okay to at least not just roll over and lose by 100+.

Also my mistake, we caught the Hawks 2 years later.

They did get somewhat uncomfortably “close”. The Hawks were quite nervy after losing the year before and weren’t quite able to put it all together in attack like they did the following two years.

Still, that final quarter brought out much enjoyment. The failed attempts at goal, I recall the little troll had a couple, plus D Pearce had a few lol worthy out on the fulls, plus beloved Pav. A final quarter of classic Fremantle failure.

Number 5 on a WCE supporter’s best Grand Finals (after 92, 18, 06 & 94) 😆

Melbourne look really underdone.
Richmond have kicked the last 7 goals.

Reckon Dees will be the side dropping out of top half. Major Fitness concerns.
Richmonds b grade side without Cotchin and Riewoldt retired wiping the floor with them. Also not playing today D Martin Taranto Prestia L Baker T Lynch.

What did the Dees do in the off season. Looks like they did nothing.

Last edited:
Melbourne look really underdone.
Richmond have kicked the last 6 goals.

Reckon they will be the side dropping out of top half. Fitness concerns
also not impressed with Richmond. They only got back into it due to Melbourne really dropping away.
Both sides I think will be in trouble this year.
Though Richmond can at least use the excuse they are missing some people from the squad today.

also not impressed with Richmond. They only got back into it due to Melbourne really dropping away.
Though Richmond can at least use the excuse they are missing some people from the squad today.
I don't rate Richmond at all so am more shocked with how bad the Dees look right now fitness wise.

Same.. reckon we will finish above Richmond, Melbourne to miss the 8

(Log in to remove this ad.)

18 weeks is basically an entire season although my first question is how many of those weeks are suspended as the AFL loves to pretend suspended sentences are real

18 weeks is basically an entire season although my first question is how many of those weeks are suspended as the AFL loves to pretend suspended sentences are real

18 weeks!*

*backdated to the end of the 2023 season

Just on the HS on Tarrant.

"The AFL has denied it has suspended him for 18 weeks despite reports on Monday, saying the investigation is continuing.

While Thomas attempted to explain his actions in a meeting with the AFL integrity team a lengthy suspension of over half the season seems likely.

The league told this masthead on Monday it had not come to a resolution of the Thomas matter yet"..

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back