Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Collingwood probably need to win 4 of their last 6 to make finals. Miraculously 5 of those games are at the MCG with just the one trip to the SCG breaking the monotony

If they do miss, it’ll mean they traded away a top 10 pick for Lachie Schulz

Which, unfortunately, also means that Fremantle get a top 10 pick for him

Humphries was pick 63 in his third year of draft eligibility and the sixth player taken by Geelong in the 2023 draft

Plenty of clubs not named West Coast, including the club that ended up drafting him, overlooked him multiple times across multiple years

It’s not like the form he’s currently showing was particularly obvious. If it was he’d have been drafted earlier
We would have had a better look at him than any other team though.

Don’t you think it’s part of a recruiter’s role to identify talent that might not necessarily be demonstrated pre-draft? Otherwise it’d be a pretty easy job and would purely depend on how high your draft picks were

that Humphrey's guy, nic martin and anyone would look crap playing for us guaranteed.

Chesser would be getting high numbers too in a good, free flowing side like the cats

Sent from my SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Don’t you think it’s part of a recruiter’s role to identify talent that might not necessarily be demonstrated pre-draft? Otherwise it’d be a pretty easy job and would purely depend on how high your draft picks were

I think recruiting is an inexact science and would be quite difficult.

And late picks are a lottery albeit we’ve had marginal success with them for a few years. Mind you Long and Jack Williams look to be handy players for picks in the 50’s

The other thing I’ll say about Humphries is he’s playing in a well oiled defensive system and is a 20 year old draftee as opposed to an 18 year old one

If I had a question of our recruiters it would be why we didn’t take him as a Cat B rookie in 2021 when it would’ve been a free hit. Maybe he wasn’t showing the required application at the time 🤷‍♂️

Nic Martin was a bigger miss imo

Nic said himself that he botched his stint with us as a train on. He didn't go as hard as he should have so can't blame that one on the recruiters.
He also got injured and all of this board were melting we were wasting our time with another vanilla flanker iirc

Humphries, Nic Martin and Johnson were literally right there for the taking. Our recruiting has seriously done more damage then Simmo.
Not to mention ignoring Tim Kelly for 3 drafts whilst he was playing for South Fremantle when they could have rookied him before giving up 3 first round picks to Geelong to get him back. Geelong must love West Coast's recruiting team

Humphries was pick 63 in his third year of draft eligibility and the sixth player taken by Geelong in the 2023 draft

Plenty of clubs not named West Coast, including the club that ended up drafting him, overlooked him multiple times across multiple years

It’s not like the form he’s currently showing was particularly obvious. If it was he’d have been drafted earlier
Have to disagree. I watched a lot of Humphries in the PSA and the WAFL over the last few years and in every level he played in he had the best disposal with either hand and foot of anyone on the ground. Funny what can happen when you put a kid with those skills in a professional training environment

Given how good his foot skills are on both side I would've thought simmo wouldve gushed and wanted him in the side. Maybe that's the impasse the club is at whereby the coach and recruiting staff aren't on the same page. Simmo likely sitting on the couch last night yelling at the screen saying I told you so. Who makes finals decisions when coach and recruitment don't see eye to eye......GM of footy? No doubt recruiting has been shit dating back to the days we didn't take TK when we could've.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given how good his foot skills are on both side I would've thought simmo wouldve gushed and wanted him in the side. Maybe that's the impasse the club is at whereby the coach and recruiting staff aren't on the same page. Simmo likely sitting on the couch last night yelling at the screen saying I told you so. Who makes finals decisions when coach and recruitment don't see eye to eye......GM of footy? No doubt recruiting has been shit dating back to the days we didn't take TK when we could've.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yeah I’ve posted that suspicion a few times over the years, but it has felt at times that the recruiters and coaches are not aligned.

Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back