Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiple victims x 5 weeks.

Were any of multiple victims LQBTQ themselves?

Just trying to keep track of what I need to be offended about these days.

Ps. Not saying people should go around using these offensive terms. They have been offensive for a long time.

Saw something that one of the players he used the slur at has parent's in a same-sex relationship.
Not sure if that was known before he used the term.

What will Charlie Cameron get for his dangerous tackle?

Three weeks sounds about right.
I'm guessing you can only use the "good guy" defence once.

I think Duggan would have been fine, more or less, if Cameron hadn't driven with his own head against Duggan's. Liam's head had no where to go when it hit the ground and he copped the full force of the impact.

Absolute chook lotto as to how the MRP sees it. Situation normal.

Has to be 3 at a minimum, high impact, intentional (didn't turn the tackle, secondary leg drive forward), both arms pinned no ability to protect the head, didnt keep the player on their feet and the tackle resulted in a concussion. Ticks all the boxes, is arguably a worse tackle then others that have been graded with 3 weeks. Clearly on another level then the reid tackle so it can't be only 2 weeks.

There's a chance Duggan misses 2 rounds if its a high grade concussion, his last concussion was not long ago right? Also doesn't help its the same week shepp announced he's suing the league so club will likely take over measures. Would be an absolute joke if Duggo has to sit out 2 weeks on the back of proffessional medical advice and Cameron gets off on only week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously how hard is it not to call people f-bombs, especially when you know exactly whats gonna happen when you do? I cant say its a struggle I deal with in my daily life.

Just.....dont. Its not worth it.
My sense of it is that drafted players are given plenty of education, direction etc as to behaviour etc. Bloke may just be dumb or a bad egg?

cameron wont even be cited.

only have to hear the discussion on first crack to see no one has any idea what the outcome will be.

It's interesting that this week David King has no idea though, right?

Previously he's been so vocal about it - to the point that he was driving the suspend Harley bandwagon directly after the Saints game.

I don't buy into a conspiracy, I'd just like to know why he's suddenly clueless this time around.

It's interesting that this week David King has no idea though, right?

Previously he's been so vocal about it - to the point that he was driving the suspend Harley bandwagon directly after the Saints game.

I don't buy into a conspiracy, I'd just like to know why he's suddenly clueless this time around.
He's been very consistent on wanting players banned for dangerous tackles, I didn't take his indecision as thinking Cameron shouldn't be banned, more that he might not be when he should.

cameron wont even be cited.

only have to hear the discussion on first crack to see no one has any idea what the outcome will be.

3 game ban for Charlie, lets see if it gets overturned on appeal as a good bloke again

I just have NFI how the gws tackle on taranto is even cited let alone 3 weeks. Surely thats the one that gets overturned this week.

On the same day an elbow to the head metres off the ball gets one week

It’s truly a lottery

On the same day an elbow to the head metres off the ball gets one week

It’s truly a lottery

Outcome, once Taranto was concussed then Bedford was screwed.

While a deliberate elbow only gets 1 because it didn't connect better.

Shows how ****ed the system is

Cameron getting off on the “good bloke” defence was a joke, but I’m sorry that tackle on Duggan was not a 3 week penalty. It’s basically a standard tackle where the arms were unfortunately pinned and he toppled backwards and hit his head. A lot more emphasis needs to be put on drumming out late head-high hits and off the ball crap, and less punishment on perfectly reasonable footy tackles that just had a bad outcome.

Zero weeks it was just an unfortunate accident.
But........ that wouldn't be fair for all the other players suspended after unfortunate accidents.

He has already played his good bloke card .
He doesn't have a big vic club card to play .
Wonder if waleed would give him a reference .

It’s basically a standard tackle where the arms were unfortunately pinned and he toppled backwards and hit his head.
Im willing to bet it eventually leads to a hard-and-fast ruling about "if you pin the arms and the tackled player hits their head, its automatically a dangerous tackle".

Ive said it before: the AFL are sh*t-scared of getting sued blind by ex-players with brain injuries, and its already starting to happen. They will protect themselves and their business first and foremost.

In a few seasons player will be taught not to pin the arms in a tackle. Watch it happen.

MRO cooked.

Cameron isn’t a three weeker.
Bedford is a one weeker at most, be glad to see it be a zero weeker.

And then for Rosas to only get one? Yet again, like Hogan, like Butters, the difference between that and an Andrew Gaff situation is pure luck, but one gets zero or one week and the other (rightfully) gets the book thrown at them. If you actually give a **** about player safety, ban dog acts thrown punches regardless of whether they take a tooth out or not.

Cameron getting off on the “good bloke” defence was a joke, but I’m sorry that tackle on Duggan was not a 3 week penalty. It’s basically a standard tackle where the arms were unfortunately pinned and he toppled backwards and hit his head. A lot more emphasis needs to be put on drumming out late head-high hits and off the ball crap, and less punishment on perfectly reasonable footy tackles that just had a bad outcome.
How can the arms be "unfortunately pinned"?

He pinned his arms and drove him into the ground.
That's 3 weeks every day of the week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back