Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

We blew 05/07.

We had a chance to create a dynasty or at the very least go deep into sept after 2018...but we got complacent on and off field.

No one was beating the Cats in 07

2005 I’d agree but no one was stopping Geelong in 07. They were something else.

If we’d had a fully fit Cousins/Judd/Kerr in the finals I think we could have challenged them

But Kerr didn’t play at all, Judd was clearly broken and Cousins did his hammy against Port in week 1 of the finals

The qualifying final vs Port we lost after controlling most of the game against the odds was the only game I’ve cried after

If we’d had a fully fit Cousins/Judd/Kerr in the finals I think we could have challenged them

But Kerr didn’t play at all, Judd was clearly broken and Cousins did his hammy against Port in week 1 of the finals

The qualifying final vs Port we lost after controlling most of the game against the odds was the only game I’ve cried after
Didnt we also lose Hansen to a hammy very early the week after against Collingwood?

I think so yeah.

Forgot about that
Was behind the goals down the end the pies kicked away in extra time that night. Not fun, that was a real bastard of a way to end the season. Nothing really went our way that year, from all the injuries, to Scott Lucas going bezerk. Urgh.

yeah 2007-08 was an instructive lesson in my time following the Eagles, you grew up a bit experiencing all of that, in hindsight our club maybe needed a cruel reality check like that to humble us a bit going forward. Whirlwind 15 months between Cuz going to rehab and Mark Thompson’s sandwich.

Loving the growing prospect of a no Vic top 4 this year. Might be one of those years where the only Vic finals in W1-3 are Elims at best. 2006 was like that.

The persistent seagulls at the Demons game were just damning, ruthlessly highlighted the low turnout.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On TRSF, good to see Cornes finally get into some of the Victorian clubs about their poor crowds.

Only 16 000 at the MCG tonight.
Imagine how many they'd get if Melbourne were on the bottom!
That's not far off some of the dire attendances during their dark years of 08-13.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back