Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

How are Geelong getting picks for Smith & Oliver?
15 for Smith, and Oliver will probably end up being a salary dump in the end, 33 and future second might do the trick.

Gross to think that we might give pick 13 for Baker when the cats might get a genuinely good player (however coming off a knee injury) for pick 15.

15 for Smith, and Oliver will probably end up being a salary dump in the end, 33 and future second might do the trick.

Gross to think that we might give pick 13 for Baker when the cats might get a genuinely good player (however coming off a knee injury) for pick 15.

Screenshot_20241003_000001_Chrome.jpg

Clayton Oliver . Another country Victoria requesting to Geelong . Geelong basically has a recruiting zone because it coaches the Vic country Colts . No wonder Tongala . Echuca Wangaratta towns etc all go for Geelong.

The Dees arent that hard up on salary. Theyve got Brayshaw off the books already who wouldve been on a big wage.

Youve just come out with the absolute worst case scenario for the competition

Clayton Oliver . Another country Victoria requesting to Geelong . Geelong basically has a recruiting zone because it coaches the Vic country Colts . No wonder Tongala . Echuca Wangaratta towns etc all go for Geelong.
Hmm I know one person from Wangaratta and he goes for Carlton 🤷‍♂️

Really? AFL needs to intervene or Fremantle and West Coast should take over the U18 program here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That flag 22/23 stat boggles me. Law of averages suggests it should've happened by now. I think the Richmond 2020 and Melbourne 2021 winning teams had all the same players the following year but were never selected in the same game again.

Right in the window, who do Brisbane target to replace him?

I know Tom Lynch has said he's committed to Richmond but I'd be picking up the phone.
Bailey Williams was brought up by Josh Jenkins as a possible one on trade radio.
Can play a similar role I guess to a far lesser standard and would be cheapish

They dont have much to trade with unless they trade out players

That flag 22/23 stat boggles me. Law of averages suggests it should've happened by now. I think the Richmond 2020 and Melbourne 2021 winning teams had all the same players the following year but were never selected in the same game again.
I think 95% of teams have a retirement. The other ones can be explained by every team having a fringe player or two that scraped in. Steven Armstrong, Nathan Vardy etc

Darling would have almost been perfect for them. Not as athletic as Daniher but could have been excellent for bringing the ball to ground for Cameron and Rayner to go to work.

Odd decision by Joe really. 30 isn’t that old and he is far from cooked. Joe is a polarising player really, bit like how Darling was, at his best he’s elite but he can also go through moments where he is Matt Tabenar. If they’re replacing his spud half with Williams, they also need to go a decent player to replace his good half

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back