Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

If by “big deduction” and you’re referring to temporary full expensing, that’s really only a timing difference which brings capital allowance (depreciation) claims forward. And it’s over now, although still opportunities for small businesses.

Helps out, sure but it all catches up with you at some point. I.e. in the subsequent years where there’s no additional claim for capital allowances, or when you sell the equipment (separately or along with the business) and there’s no written down value to apply against the proceeds and you’re paying tax on the whole amount.

If by “big deduction” you’re talking interest on finance to buy the business you’re still pouring money out and the tax benefit is a fraction of the dollar.

There’s also no way Simmo would have structured the businesses as a sole trader setup, so deductions wouldn’t have reduced his salary.

Also legit costs are fair to claim and are available to all of us!

(Sorry)

You sound like the sort of person with some creative ideas to get me a tax break after being paid out my LSL and jumping up a tax bracket

HJ's (& maccas) are flipping shite.
Yep.
Went to one in Interlaken in 1998 (only place open after day of canyoning). It was frozen in the middle. One bite. Complain,. No joy. Throw away.
Said I'd never eat at their sh*te junk food outlets ever again.

26 years later still holding the grudge.

If I'm a multi millionaire surely you cant just go up to for example Harley and say "stay an Eagle and I'll transfer you $500k extra a year"

It's not in the cap etc it's just a mate giving you money

Sent from my SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
We wish.
Multi-millionaires make their money work for them (earning more money) not by throwing away half a mil a year.

We do need to get creative with player retention / attraction as W.A footy doesn't seem all that appealing to the interstate stars of the comp. But seems appealing to some mediocre players chasing a pay packet, top class rehab facilities and a guaranteed game for whatever they feel like dishing up (Dev Rob the exception)

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back