Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah Western Sydney will be a tough market. Incredibly diverse and essentially a rugby league heartland. I have the impression of a place where if the kids aren't playing league, they're playing soccer. You can see why they were so happy to get Izzy Folau on board, even if it ended up being a fail. The optics for the kids were important.
Probably be a similar sell in Western Sydney to Western Melbourne in terms of demographic - but with entrenched support for a competing code/s. It's Rugby league heartland after all. Then you add in the difference between Sydney siders and Melbournians in terms of sporting attendance and it will be a fair challenge.

Anyone else enjoying watching Colyer this season?

It looked like his career could have fizzled out a couple seasons ago but he now looks like a bit of a leader at Freo and his kicking has really improved.

Always liked him so glad to see him doing well.
Yep. Good on him.

It looked like his career could have fizzled out a couple seasons ago but he now looks like a bit of a leader at Freo and his kicking has really improved.

My partner is a Carton supporter so we watched the game this week. I said almost exactly this to her.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep good on him.

Doesn't fumble anymore either!

We could use him right now :(

My partner is a Carton supporter so we watched the game this week. I said almost exactly this to her.
angry 30 rock GIF

😉😉

At the risk of sounding stupid, don't we have this now with some games only being on Kayo/Foxtel?
Yes, but - with one service you have access to all games and because they're also on Fox it doesn't count as "streaming" for luddites.

The potential outcome here is you need Amazon for the Thursday game, Paramount for the second Saturday night game and Kayo for whatever else isn't on FTA.

Paramount+ has copped a bit of criticism over their A League coverage
If they are serious it will improve, so I don't think that's necessarily a dealbreaker. Optus was complete dogshit when it started but is fine now and Kayo is leagues beyond the initial online Fox efforts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back